1. Advertising
    y u no do it?

Advertising (learn more)

Advertise virtually anything here, with CPM banner ads, CPM email ads and CPC contextual links. You can target relevant areas of the site and show ads based on geographical location of the user if you wish.

Starts at just $1 per CPM or $0.10 per CPC.

Horrible Barons Media Ad Network Experience

Discussion in 'Pay Per Click Advertising' started by hardworker1002, Jan 27, 2014.

In my 7 years of dealing with ad networks I never had to go to the extent of taking one to small claims court. After dealing with Barons media for a year we ended on a sour note that I wouldn't want any of you to go through.

After waiting for 3 months for my final check they told me that I would have to pay back my 1st check after signing a exclusive ad network contract in order to get my final check from video/mobile (Totally different). They ended our contract after taking a loss and claimed we violated the contract on some other B.S. If they feel like they took a loss on your account they will ignore your calls/emails and make up some B.S on why they are not paying. Publisher beware.

hardworker1002, Jan 27, 2014 IP
  2. wrekoniz3

wrekoniz3 Well-Known Member

Best Answers:
    What exactly did they claim was violated? Was it violated? and was this listed in their TOS/Publisher Agreement or "Exclusive Ad Network Contract" (which I'm confused what thats about).

The whole thing seems extremely confusing.

wrekoniz3, Jan 27, 2014 IP
  3. hardworker1002

hardworker1002 Greenhorn

Best Answers:
    They claimed that we violated the contract for not giving them constant access to our sites backend (login wise). So if I changed the password and forgot to tell them, they would email us about not being able to login to make a change. It was never a issue. We never received a email stating that were violating contract terms etc. etc. I look at it as it was a loss to pay us x amount for a exclusive contract and the only way to back out of the contract was to say we violated contractual terms. I asked them to send us something saying we violated contract terms and that the contract was ended on x day of the year...they declined to send us anything in writing. Shady company.

None of the terms of what they alleged we done was specified in the contract other then they could cancel the contract at any time. The contract payment was apples and oranges from the video/mobile/banner ad payments. But when it came to my remaining $1000 check which accounting told me I was getting paid in Jan, they sent me a email last minute stating my exclusive contract 1st payment needed to be paid back to receive my money from ad display WTF. Another employee in the company even told that they were wrong for treating me like this.

hardworker1002, Jan 27, 2014 IP
  4. qwikad.com

qwikad.com Illustrious Member Affiliate Manager

Best Answers:
    If what you're saying is true, then it's probably time for you to move on. There are plenty of networks out there. Just join http://www.neverblue.com/ or something similar. It seems like that network has been too much of a headache for you.

qwikad.com, Apr 21, 2014 IP
  5. hardworker1002

hardworker1002 Greenhorn

Best Answers:
    "This was a misunderstanding, please disregard my comments above"

hardworker1002, Apr 29, 2014 IP