1. Advertising
    y u no do it?

Advertising (learn more)

Advertise virtually anything here, with CPM banner ads, CPM email ads and CPC contextual links. You can target relevant areas of the site and show ads based on geographical location of the user if you wish.

Starts at just $1 per CPM or $0.10 per CPC.

Horrible Bait and Switch Directory

Discussion in 'Directories' started by onlinedude, Aug 15, 2006.

1. wrmineo

wrmineo Peon

Best Answers:
    If not Kenni will just put out another email passing the buck and blame onto dre ....

wrmineo, Aug 16, 2006 IP
    maldives likes this.
  2. maldives

maldives Prominent Member

Best Answers:
    Just received this mail. :rolleyes:

maldives, Aug 16, 2006 IP
  3. Daniel Malone

Daniel Malone Peon

Best Answers:
    Hey, my article I wrote on iWEBTOOL now ranks #6 for [iwebtool] in Google!

BTW maldives, didn't Kenni send this email out a little earlier then just now? I think someone mentioned it a while back in this thread.

Daniel Malone, Aug 16, 2006 IP
  4. CReed

CReed Prominent Member

Best Answers:

I'm seeing your iWEBTOOL glossary page at #8 and not the article.

But back on topic - the email was from yesterday.

CReed, Aug 16, 2006 IP
  5. DiscJockey

DiscJockey Well-Known Member

Best Answers:
    I didn't reply here because I have iWEBTOOL support/forums to reply to. What has this forum to do anything with iwebtool? Why are members asking me to reply to this forum (which I do not own nor manage) when they can ask me questions easily here. :eek: You don't exactly make a thread about bush's decisions and ask bush to reply to it only because he was seen to read the post. I read hundreds of posts on other websites every day, you can't expect me to reply to every one of them. You have a question, you can ask me using iwebtool support. But, as I am here now, feel free to ask me whatever you desire :).

DiscJockey, Aug 16, 2006 IP
  6. Daniel Malone

Daniel Malone Peon

Best Answers:
    Because you usually post on Digital Point all the time, and because you make lots of deals here on Digital Point. You even made directory deals here. If you have the time to read it, why can't you just post as well?

Daniel Malone, Aug 16, 2006 IP
  7. jg123

jg123 Notable Member

Best Answers:
    kenni = bush?

Wow, I always felt iwebtool was a nice success story that started with a lot of support from DP members but I can see a little success has really went to kenni's head. Sorry to see this happen :-(

jg123, Aug 16, 2006 IP
  8. an0n

an0n Prominent Member

Best Answers:
    TWO words now summarize this thread.

an0n, Aug 16, 2006 IP
    iatbm likes this.
  9. DiscJockey

Best Answers:
    It hasn't gone to my head (bush was a bad example ;)). I do thank DP members for helping iwebtool rise up but you cannot expect me to reply to a thread that has posts by everyone mentioning negative points about iwebtool, making false statements about my doings?, and no-one had the intentions to ask me what is going on first?

As for an0n, what on earth are you going on about?

10. iatbm

iatbm Prominent Member

Best Answers:
    wow still interesting ... I like iwebtool for their tools but this was just total malfunction...email sent I mean :D

iatbm, Aug 16, 2006 IP
  11. Old Welsh Guy

Old Welsh Guy Notable Member

Best Answers:
    Kenni, not the most gracious entrance I have to say LOL.

Just fess up, you are a member of Dp, you saw fit to post almost 600 time previously, but when the heat was on you chose not to post. Should at least have logged off and browsed as a guest. (Note to self, never employ Kenni to do any outsourced cloaking for you) <joke>

Anyhow, now you are here, I am sure people will calm down, and be direct with their questions :) OWG steps away to ensure he doesn't get plugged in the drive by :D

Old Welsh Guy, Aug 16, 2006 IP
  12. chachacallis

chachacallis Well-Known Member

Best Answers:
    You are doing business here and if people have a problem with your service why not clear up any misunderstanding there is.

chachacallis, Aug 16, 2006 IP
  13. EveryQuery

EveryQuery Well-Known Member

Best Answers:
    OK, Kenni. You have visited this thread several times to read our posts. You could have taken a minute to respond since you obviously took time to read the thread.

By the way, please take the time to read this. :)

EveryQuery, Aug 16, 2006 IP
  14. DiscJockey

Best Answers:
    lol, that's pretty funny. So has anyone got any suggestions for me? or ... ?

Lpspider likes this.
  15. EveryQuery

EveryQuery Well-Known Member

Best Answers:
    I think scattered among all the posts in this thread, there were a handful that involved suggestions to help with the spam and broken links problems. I think Dre was taking notes.

EveryQuery, Aug 16, 2006 IP
  16. zachbb

zachbb Peon

Best Answers:
    They get heart attacks after getting the email :rolleyes:

the USA started doing this with their VISAs. I was a British citizen with a Lifetime US visa.. it expired lol

zachbb, Aug 16, 2006 IP
  17. fatinfo guy

fatinfo guy Peon

Best Answers:
    Basically iWebtool's actions have been inconsistent.

Email 1 = no more permanent listings
    Email 2 = okay, permanent listings will remain
    Expires Field = FU all, we are sticking to email 1

fatinfo guy, Aug 16, 2006 IP
    EveryQuery likes this.
  18. chulium

chulium Well-Known Member

Best Answers:
    Well when he DID post, the heat only got worse. Maybe he knows when to shutup, unlike all of you jerks.

Geez, lighten up on him a bit. He KNOWS what you're upset about, you've all said what you need to, he's working to fix things, there's no need to keep whining "Waaaah I have to pay $5 more annually for a lifetime listing I bought even though I agreed to it when I submitted my site! Waaahhhh!" about your petty site listings there.

If your site is worth it, cutting down on the spam around it is too.

And this post I make directly in kenni's defense. Not because I want to save my "precious little moderator position there" (which I can say is no jeporday because the staff there actually let us have opinions CONTRARY to the majority, unlike sites like NamePros and even here) - so not because of that, but because I'm sick of all you beating up on him like this. It's not going to help his morale, and what's more:

If you keep pestering him, how's he supposed to find time to make changes? You all want him to reply when he reads this, you want him to talk to you, but when is he supposed to have time to "fix" what you all want changed? SHUT UP and know that HE has a life, too!

Geez.

Fine, staff, ban me or something for this post because your opinionatedly BIASED and if you DO ban me or delete this post, you're probably just as bad as the staff at NamePros. If you're not going to ban me, don't delete it, I'd rather you ban me than delete this.

Permanently, too, I don't care. Just ban me rather than delete. I should have you know I was banned from NamePros for the exact same reason as this: defending one person because he had an opinion and 500 other people didn't like his opinion. Not just that, but the staff were completely unfair and unjust and wouldn't even let you say what your opinion was. I agreed with him, partially, and so they ranked on me even more because they hate to see somebody going to somebody else's defense. It just makes them - and YOU ALL - mad at me for it. And I really don't care.

Here's a link to the NamePros thing: http://blog.mattsprojects.net/rants/03/04/2006/namepros-corruption-ive-been-exiled

chulium, Aug 16, 2006 IP
  19. iatbm

iatbm Prominent Member

Best Answers:
    man you and him are wrong ... it is a simple as that and you don't have to type anaconda long posts to prove anything .... permanent is permanent ...we all saw that signature inviting people to buy permanent links...yes it was bold ! you understand this ? ...

and what is that about jerk remark ??? who do you think you are to call people jerks ?

iatbm, Aug 16, 2006 IP
  20. DiscJockey

Best Answers:
    It's clear to me that you guys are after the permanent listing rather than the quality of links. I'm assuming you guys are not fussed about quality or nothing, you're just after those permanent links, right?