1. Advertising
    y u no do it?

Advertising (learn more)

Advertise virtually anything here, with CPM banner ads, CPM email ads and CPC contextual links. You can target relevant areas of the site and show ads based on geographical location of the user if you wish.

Starts at just $1 per CPM or $0.10 per CPC.

Horrible Bait and Switch Directory

Discussion in 'Directories' started by onlinedude, Aug 15, 2006.

1. mcfox

mcfox Wind Maker

Best Answers:
    I'm really pissed off at this as well. Firstly, because of the change and this sudden switch from 'permanent' to 'whenever we feel like it' and secondly, because I paid more than $5 for my listing. Double suck!

mcfox, Aug 15, 2006 IP
    EveryQuery likes this.
  2. Daniel Malone

Daniel Malone Peon

Best Answers:
    BTW everyone, compuXP is a moderator over at iWEBTOOL.

Daniel Malone, Aug 15, 2006 IP
    EveryQuery likes this.
  3. Old Welsh Guy

Old Welsh Guy Notable Member

Best Answers:
    A legally binding contract consists of 3 elements
    1. offer
    2. Acceptance
    3. Consideration (the consideration means in legal terms some form of payment to consider the deal done.

No matter WHAT they put in their terms and conditions they CAN NOT renege on a contract that is in existence as this will be deemed to be breach of contract.

YES, the above allows the directory to alter their prices, and YES it allows them to alter the terms. but again I state with 100% certainty that they CAN NOT alter the terms of the existing contract retrospectively until such time as that contract becomes due for renewal when then, and ONLY THEN can they impose the new terms. As the existing contract stated that for a one time payment they would receive a permanent listing (offer) Sites were submitted AND paid for AND added to the directory (acceptance and consideration by both parties) contract now in force PERMANENTLY!

Any changes to this contract will leave them open to a breach of contract claim. If they remove the listing they can be sued for breach of contract AND damages can also be claimed.

Seriously dude this is a MASSIVE mistake here.

Old Welsh Guy, Aug 15, 2006 IP
    Obelia likes this.
  4. Old Welsh Guy

Best Answers:
    Thats Ok, I didn't like his attitude (tough shit dudes we rock, you're dumb) so I red repped him, and would encourage everyone else to do the same.

This is the very reason the rep system exists it is there to warn noobs what level of trust the community has for individuals. :)

wrmineo likes this.
  5. EveryQuery

EveryQuery Well-Known Member

Best Answers:
    This is ridiculous. I would never EVER do any business with this moron. He surely has visited this thread and knows about our concerns, and yet...he sends one of his friends here to stick up for him.

Kenni, you have all but destroyed any credibility you had. I hope you are happy. Have a great day!

EveryQuery, Aug 15, 2006 IP
    Daniel Malone likes this.
  6. Old Welsh Guy

Best Answers:
    Might I suggested we vote with our rep buttons. Anyone who feels aggrieved by this action should find posts by kenny (ideally the one they bought from), and red rep him for his actions, also make a post in the thread to bring it to the attention of others.

7. EveryQuery

Best Answers:
    I ahead of you on that one. I repped Kenni earlier for his actions. Might I also suggest we rep this friend of his who so pathetically tried to defend him? :rolleyes:

8. dre

dre Peon

Best Answers:
    Guys I was the one who miss read what kenni sent me and typed up the email wrong, it ISNT his fault but mine and no he didnt send me here to stick up for him, I am the one who recently started managing the directory, once again im sorry. Links that was already on the directory will stay up!

dre, Aug 15, 2006 IP
  9. Old Welsh Guy

Best Answers:
    Fair play to you dre, but might I suggest kenni shows his face? It would certainly be what i would do in his position :) If this is a genuine error then these things happen I guess. I assume that a follow up email has already been sent correcting the error and stating that all existing contracts will be honoured? If not, might I be so bold as to suggest this is done without delay to prevent all that bad publicity that is sure to follow?

10. EveryQuery

Best Answers:
    You typed up the email wrong? Half that email is about removing old links if they don't relist with $10/year subscription. The mistake was you, Kenni, that crazy mod from iWebTool, ever coming up with this scheme in the first place. No apology will ever make this right. :eek:

11. wrmineo

wrmineo Peon

Best Answers:
    I have to give some credit and respect to dre ... he handled himself professionally in the heat of a lot of passion.

However, correcting the wrong is sadly too late for many; it is for me at least. The email that went out was a mistake no doubt, but only in hindsight it would appear; the intent cannot be changed now.

I give him credit for taking onus and attempting to correct wrongs.

compuXP is another story .... I can only guess that he's a ShoutWire admin too as his display of unprofessional conduct is in keeping with that of the immature kids that have shown thier asses at SW.

kenni - no backbone; don't send proxies, come take your lumps. Even if someone else mistook an intended message, you are still ultimately responsible for the actions of those who work under your name, business et al.

dre - kudos and good luck, but this bridge is burnt.

wrmineo, Aug 15, 2006 IP
  12. chulium

chulium Well-Known Member

Best Answers:
    Actually no he didn't. I came on my own will because I hate to see people ripping on things that iWEBTOOL has offered so freely before (as their tools and other services are completely FREE) and you best be happy the still are and stop whining just because the price on something goes up a little bit.

chulium, Aug 15, 2006 IP
  13. EveryQuery

Best Answers:

WTF are you talking about? We are talking about purchased directory listings. Are you smoking crack? :rolleyes:

14. chulium

chulium Well-Known Member

Best Answers:
    Haha, NO. -_-

Are you too stupid to realize that tools like this, the link market service, etc, etc, usually cost MONEY on the Internet?

Do you realize that iWEBTOOL offers this for FREE? And the branding removal option? Not to mention all the things you get (and soon will get) in the Access accounts, all 100% FREE.

And you are all complaining that you need to pay $5 more annually to keep your stupid sites listed in their directory.

chulium, Aug 15, 2006 IP
  15. EveryQuery

Best Answers:
    No one who posted here cares about the money. It's the unethical behavior of selling something as "permanent" and then later saying "after 1 year you listings are deleted." Surely you could understand this if you would just get you head out of Kenni's derrière.

16. munt

munt Peon

Best Answers:

if DP was to sell a permanant link in the footer of the forum to you for $50 then 6 months down the line turn around and say (sorry i have changed my pricing becuase i offer this forum for free and the tools for free, your link will be removed at the end of the year, you will have to pay $100 per year now,) that would be ok in your eyes right? :rolleyes:

munt, Aug 15, 2006 IP
  17. Daniel Malone

Daniel Malone Peon

Best Answers:
    I agree. It's not the money, it's the way iWEBTOOL handles busniess.

18. Colbyt

Colbyt Notable Member

Best Answers:
    David

I totally agree and maybe you can answer a question for me here that I could not get answered on another forum. :) I will try to ask it in a more consise manner here.

Using PHPld 2 or 3, if someone creates a link that is non-expiring and later the script value is changed to make new links expiring are the existing links affected by this change?

My instinct tells me the value is in the DB and would not be affected.

I also don't want to be the subject of this type of discussion in a year or two. So I want to be d%#@$# certain before I promise something.

Colbyt, Aug 15, 2006 IP
  19. dre

dre Peon

Best Answers:
    I see where you are coming from. Sorry about this, and about CompuXp ramblings. I have told him to calm down while we try to resolve this.

dre, Aug 15, 2006 IP
  20. Daniel Malone

Daniel Malone Peon

Best Answers:
    LOL!!!

If iWEBTOOL made an agreement, they should keep it. It's not about money, it's about doing what iWEBTOOL said it would do.

Having FREE webmaster tools has nothing to do with it. Whatever other FREE services and tools iWEBTOOL has, great, but that's not the issue.