1. Advertising
    y u no do it?

Advertising (learn more)

Advertise virtually anything here, with CPM banner ads, CPM email ads and CPC contextual links. You can target relevant areas of the site and show ads based on geographical location of the user if you wish.

Starts at just $1 per CPM or $0.10 per CPC.

Horizontal Menu Bar Not Showing When Log Out

Discussion in 'CSS' started by kertoon, Jul 28, 2014.

I have this horizontal menu bar which words perfectly as intended when I am still logged in. But when I sign out, it does not work properly. It shows as a vertical list of the categories with dots in front, as with without the CSS coding.
    Where did I go wrong?

kertoon, Jul 28, 2014 IP
  2. COBOLdinosaur

COBOLdinosaur Active Member

Best Answers:
    We can't really tell anything about what is wrong with out seeing the page so post a link or the code or something else to give us aclue about how it is put together.

COBOLdinosaur, Jul 28, 2014 IP
  3. kertoon

kertoon Well-Known Member

Best Answers:
    Thank you for for attention. I checked with one of my buddies, he told me one possible culprit of my problem is plugin conflict. Sure enough, it was WP Fastest Cache plugin. I got it fixed. Again COBOLdinosaur, thank you for your time.

kertoon, Jul 29, 2014 IP
  4. COBOLdinosaur

COBOLdinosaur Active Member

Best Answers:
    Glad you got it solved. Plugins break stuff all the time. About 90% of plugins (both free and paid) are junk that causes more problems than they solve. You need to be cautious and test carefully before you commit to using anything you pickup in the internet, and be sure to virus scan them because some of them contain malicious code.

COBOLdinosaur, Jul 29, 2014 IP
    deathshadow likes this.
  5. deathshadow

deathshadow Acclaimed Member

Best Answers:
    ... and they can open massive security holes, particularly in systems that internally have no security like turdpress and instead rely out a 'outer ring' of protection for everything. That's part of how in '08 wordpress won the pwnie for M4ss Pwnage -- an award for being the most vulnerable to attack software. Since that time they fixed a lot of that by shoring up the outer ring, but all that's done is make it so EVERY major attack on WP since that time has been the fault of a mod/plug-in/extension/whateverTheDevilYouWantToCallThemThisYear.

Part of why I'm not a big fan of off the shelf sofware solutions; hard enough trusting your own code without relying on crap written by people who may or may not know what they are doing...

Like Turdpress developers who expose multiple entry vectors and then climb mount dumbass by doing things like putting the SQL connection data in DEFINE.

deathshadow, Aug 3, 2014 IP