1. Advertising
    y u no do it?

Advertising (learn more)

Advertise virtually anything here, with CPM banner ads, CPM email ads and CPC contextual links. You can target relevant areas of the site and show ads based on geographical location of the user if you wish.

Starts at just $1 per CPM or $0.10 per CPC.

Horizontal Login Bar?? [Wordpress]

Discussion in 'WordPress' started by ksb2050, Apr 7, 2009.

Anyone know how to code a horizontal navigation bar into wordpress with the fields for a user to login to their account? I want to make it so my users can login right away to make them more interested in leaving a comment.

Does anyone know how to do this? or is there a plugin that would do this?

ksb2050, Apr 7, 2009 IP
  2. SonnyCooL

SonnyCooL Peon

Best Answers:
    SonnyCooL, Apr 8, 2009 IP
  3. ksb2050

ksb2050 Well-Known Member

Best Answers:
    thanks but Mootools is way to complicated to use, besides it would end up overlaying on certain areas of my site.

Does anyone else have a solution?

ksb2050, Apr 8, 2009 IP
  4. just-4-teens

just-4-teens Peon

Best Answers:
    heres what i use

<?php global $user_ID, $user_identity, $user_level ?>
    		<?php if ( $user_ID ) : ?>
    <strong>Control panel</strong>: Welcome <?php echo $user_identity ?>. [<a href="<?php bloginfo('url') ?>/wp-admin/">Dashboard</a> ::
    <?php if ( $user_level >= 1 ) : ?>
    <a href="<?php bloginfo('url') ?>/wp-admin/post-new.php">Write a post</a><?php endif // $user_level >= 1 ?>
    :: <a href="<?php bloginfo('url') ?>/wp-admin/profile.php">Profile</a> :: <a href="http://mycyc.com/help/">Site Help</a> :: <?php wp_loginout(); ?>]
    <?php elseif ( get_option('users_can_register') ) : ?>

<form action="<?php bloginfo('url') ?>/wp-login.php" method="post">
    <label for="log"><input type="text" name="log" id="log" value="<?php echo wp_specialchars(stripslashes($user_login), 1) ?>" size="22" /> User</label>
    <label for="pwd"><input type="password" name="pwd" id="pwd" size="22" /> Password</label>
    <input type="submit" name="submit" value="Send" class="button" />
    <label for="rememberme"><input name="rememberme" id="rememberme" type="checkbox" checked="checked" value="forever" /> Remember me</label><br />
    <input type="hidden" name="redirect_to" value="<?php echo $_SERVER['REQUEST_URI']; ?>"/>
    </form>

[<a href="<?php bloginfo('url') ?>/wp-register.php">Register</a>
    :: <a href="<?php bloginfo('url') ?>/wp-login.php?action=lostpassword">Recover password</a>]
    		</ul>

<?php endif // get_option('users_can_register') ?>
    PHP:
    its will display login options and also once logged in show links to profile and the write tab etc (check my sig link for it in action)

just-4-teens, Apr 11, 2009 IP
    ksb2050 likes this.
  5. ksb2050

ksb2050 Well-Known Member

Best Answers:
    Thanks that's exactly what I needed! +Rep!

ksb2050, Apr 12, 2009 IP
  6. Rafael Fernandez Jr.

Rafael Fernandez Jr. Peon

Best Answers:
    Ok so i pasted the coe you mentioned in a seperate div in the header file of my theme, and when im logged in it shows me the status of the information. However when im logged out the form itself doesnt show on my page, what am i doing wrong. Im also using theme-my-login. tried disabling it but still no form. Im trying to help a friend out so i learned some coding but i could really use some help. Here is the site you can try out for yourself:http://teensite.teensite.previewdns.com/

Rafael Fernandez Jr., May 5, 2012 IP
  7. Rafael Fernandez Jr.

Rafael Fernandez Jr. Peon

Best Answers:
    Ok so i pasted the coe you mentioned in a seperate div in the header file of my theme, and when im logged in it shows me the status of the information. However when im logged out the form itself doesnt show on my page, what am i doing wrong. Im also using theme-my-login. tried disabling it but still no form. Im trying to help a friend out so i learned some coding but i could really use some help.

Rafael Fernandez Jr., May 5, 2012 IP