1. Advertising
    y u no do it?

Advertising (learn more)

Advertise virtually anything here, with CPM banner ads, CPM email ads and CPC contextual links. You can target relevant areas of the site and show ads based on geographical location of the user if you wish.

Starts at just $1 per CPM or $0.10 per CPC.

HopAd Builder is being terminated, what's the alternative?

Discussion in 'ClickBank' started by JamesColin, Aug 3, 2012.

DP member dcristo just told me the HopAd Builder is being terminated, that's sad news since it was my only way to make a semi-contextual widget in order to sell clickbank products depending on my content pages's topics..

Here's the text on the HopAd Builder page:
    "
    HopAd functionality is being retired beginning July 23, 2012. Existing HopAds will continue to function temporarily, but no new HopAds may be created.
    Thank you for participating in this beta feature. We will provide a date for final decommissioning of HopAds soon. Please remove existing HopAd Builder blocks from your website as soon as possible.
    "

What's the alternative? Do they have an API and a sample PHP script we can use?

How are YOU going to replace that functionnality if you are using it?

JamesColin, Aug 3, 2012 IP
  2. JamesColin

JamesColin Prominent Member

Best Answers:
    Digital Goods:
    So now they have announced a closing date, on 4th september..
    "
    Dear ClickBank Affiliate,

You are receiving this email because you are currently using our HopAd Builder tool on one or more websites.

We are discontinuing the HopAd Builder tool in a few weeks, so we recommend that you remove any existing HopAd Builder widgets from your site as soon as possible to avoid error messages on your site.

The final decommissioning date for HopAd Builder is September 4, 2012. Any HopAd Builder widgets still running after this date will display an error message, so it’s important that you swap out those widgets as soon as possible.

Thank you for using HopAd Builder.

Regards,
    ClickBank
    "
    They don't want to say it, but I'm sure they removed it because it was crap, too many entries which were outdated with links to parked domains, websites with adsense and direct paypal buttons and basically a rip off for affiliates.

Instead of removing their widget they should simply have added a variable in the script so that we could choose to show only product with a high gravity (which means in Clickbank terms that many people are promoting and selling it) and even provide an "alternate url" variable so if there is no clickbank product with a high enough gravity for the given keywords then the widget would display the alternate url instead..

But no, they choose to remove it altogether..

That's a pity and it's unlikely they'll come up with something else anytime soon otherwise they would have talked about it in their message.

JamesColin, Sep 1, 2012 IP
  3. IM-Ramzi

IM-Ramzi Active Member

Best Answers:
    Digital Goods:
    Hello James,

I found your question here and I wanted to put my personal experience in this.

I personally used on my niche sites this tool (clickbank HopAd Builder), and since it was stopped by CB, I found an alternative in using this Free Tool from CBdealer (dot) com.

In order to use the site, you need to register with them for free.

They have a tool/section named "Ad Builder", just try them and I hope that it will help you.

Ramzi

IM-Ramzi, Feb 22, 2013 IP
  4. JamesColin

Best Answers:
    Digital Goods:
    Hello Ramzi, thank you for your message, since this thread I've found alternatives and have tried them with very low success rate, I made another thread about it on DP. But let's say that now I'm back to do it the recommended way, but still a widget can be useful on a niche site with pre-selected products.

JamesColin, Feb 23, 2013 IP
  5. IM-Ramzi

IM-Ramzi Active Member

Best Answers:
    Digital Goods:
    Hello James,

You are very welcome and I thank you for your feed-back.

Concerning the widget or tool, I may add an additional way to show the clickbank products on the niche sites using the RSS feed.

I found that solution when Googling a few months ago about this issue, and all we need to do is to insert this RSS URL "rssground (dot) com/rssservices/clickbankfeeds (dot) php?q=keyword1&c=0&a=ClickBankID", to make the products show up.

For sure, for those who read my actual post, they need to change (dot) with with the correct character. In addition, you need to insert your ClickBank ID and the correct keyword.

Just James if you already used this way, I hope it worked with you. But I just insert it in case others will need this in the future.

Just in case you need to move all my inputs on your new DP thread you have mentioned above, please let me know and I will gladly do it, at least let others benefit from this.

Thanks,

Ramzi

IM-Ramzi, Feb 23, 2013 IP
  6. JamesColin

Best Answers:
    Digital Goods:
    JamesColin, Feb 23, 2013 IP
  7. KHALILOWSKI

KHALILOWSKI Greenhorn

Best Answers:
    Download FIFA 15 PC Ultimate Team Edition Pc full version

Internet Download Manager IDM 6.21 Build 9 + Crack + Serial Key FREE Download
    https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=I9mxvi8JxXk
    https://www.youtube.com/edit?o=U&video_id=_kCNai-Uu8E

KHALILOWSKI, Sep 28, 2014 IP