1. Advertising
    y u no do it?

Advertising (learn more)

Advertise virtually anything here, with CPM banner ads, CPM email ads and CPC contextual links. You can target relevant areas of the site and show ads based on geographical location of the user if you wish.

Starts at just $1 per CPM or $0.10 per CPC.

Honest Question For You ... What Makes You Decide To Leave A Website/Blog?

Discussion in 'Blogging' started by Andrew M. Warner, Aug 12, 2014.

I guess the point I'm getting at is, at what point do you say “I’m done with this” and click on the back button. Is it something in particular that makes you decide to move on?

I'd be interested to see what you're reasons are.

My main reason would be if the website isn't loading. I'm a patient person but if I have to sit there longer than 20 seconds (10 seconds more than most people), I'm clicking the back button. No questions asked.

How about you?

Andrew M. Warner, Aug 12, 2014 IP
    CU_Designs likes this.
  2. CU_Designs

CU_Designs Well-Known Member

Best Answers:
    Digital Goods:
    I generally skim websites. When I decide to click off is completely dependent on what is I'm looking for and if the site has it in part, full, or neither. I'm done when I've gotten my fill or lack thereof.

CU_Designs, Aug 17, 2014 IP
  3. billzo

billzo Well-Known Member

Best Answers:
    When I find the answer I am looking for, I leave. I am busy and have no time to spend minutes or hours browsing multiple pages on a website I do not need to view.

Some people think a high bounce rate is a bad sign. It could be, but it could also be that the landing page had exactly what the surfer was looking for and they needed to look no further. So a high bounce rate could be a sign you have good content as well.

billzo, Aug 17, 2014 IP
    CU_Designs likes this.
  4. My Weight Loss Dream

My Weight Loss Dream Member

Best Answers:
    I think the main thing that makes me leave WITHOUT READING ANYTHING is when videos start up with load music on there own. They are horrible and make me mad!

On the other hand in general it depends what I am looking for and the other big reason for leaving is that the site is taking too long to load or if their graphics are not showing.

My Weight Loss Dream, Aug 20, 2014 IP
    CU_Designs likes this.