1. Advertising
    y u no do it?

Advertising (learn more)

Advertise virtually anything here, with CPM banner ads, CPM email ads and CPC contextual links. You can target relevant areas of the site and show ads based on geographical location of the user if you wish.

Starts at just $1 per CPM or $0.10 per CPC.

Homosexuality

Discussion in 'Politics & Religion' started by Will.Spencer, May 8, 2006.

1. Mia

Mia R.I.P. STEVE JOBS

Best Answers:
    Ah no, unlike you ferret, I do have standards... They both look pretty hideous in that pic. The one on the right does look worse...

Not all of us settle for anything that breaths...

BTW, the one on the right is a two bagger..

Mia, Apr 9, 2007 IP
  2. Josh Inno

Josh Inno Guest

Best Answers:
    Well Sorry to burst your bubble, but I already emptied recently, and they don't really do anything for me... and I am one who loves the beautiful female form.

I look at the tongue touching and the only thing that runs through my mind is "why?"

Josh Inno, Apr 9, 2007 IP
  3. ferret77

ferret77 Heretic

Best Answers:
    oh please

life is too short for that type of attitude

ferret77, Apr 9, 2007 IP
  4. SolutionX

SolutionX Peon

Best Answers:
    I think "homosexuality" is just another fetish like watching "goth lesbians" make out, otherwise how do you explain "bi-sexuals"?

If they want to do it, nobody can stop them, but if it's more important for them to give in to the fetish then to fit in with the rest of society, they should quit whining about getting made fun of and just keep it a secret among close friends, like the rest of us do with our little fetishes we enjoy with our boyfriend/girlfriend. We wouldn't go around having parades proclaiming about or fetishes for the whole world to know and make fun of us. I guess it's all about pride though... they want to feel proud of the fact that they enjoy gay sex, but do you really have to derive your pride from the respect of everyone else? If you're going around having half naked parades in the name of "gay PRIDE", I think it may not have the effect they want, except on other people who are already likeminded, but then what's the point.

I guess you can tell that I believe they do have the ability to change, though of course it is hard to keep yourself from doing something you deeply enjoy.

Anything that you can change when you're forced to (such as contracting HIV), you can change on your own if you use enough willpower.

SolutionX, Apr 9, 2007 IP
  5. Will.Spencer

Will.Spencer NetBuilder

Best Answers:
    They are showing affection.

And, the one on the left is showing off her tongue.

Will.Spencer, Apr 9, 2007 IP
  6. Person

Person Guest

Best Answers:
    I think this statement is completely and utterly wrong. How is homosexuality a fetish, when almost all studies done on homosexuality show it to be a distinct orientation? Bisexuals don't prove that homosexuality is a fetish in any way and if anything just show more evidence that people have different sexual orientations.

People who are gay are biologically attracted to the same sex, and they have little or no ability to change that. Why should they want to anyway? The idea that gayness should be kept secret is completely groundless. The idea that we should discriminate against them or make fun of them for being gay is morally repugnant and unwarranted as well.

The point is to be recognized as a group instead of allowing people to remain ignorant of who gays actually are. People who equate homosexuality to a fetish and want gays closeted prove that the gay movement still has a long way to go. Why should they keep their orientation a secret and allow the world to continue to treat them as outcasts?

They can change their actions, but they can't change their orientation. Gay men can certainly choose to have sex with women, but that won't stop them from being attracted to other men. Of course, there isn't any reason they should stop being attracted to members of the same sex anyway.

Person, Apr 9, 2007 IP
  7. Will.Spencer

Will.Spencer NetBuilder

Best Answers:
    Why should they be recognized as a group?

The majority of us really don't care to "recognize" homosexuals. Guys are ugly -- we don't want to see them have sex, we don't want to think of them having sex, we don't want to hear about them having sex, we really don't want to think about them at all.

Let them do whatever they want in private. Let them fuck sheep for all I care , just don't put it in my face.

Will.Spencer, Apr 9, 2007 IP
  8. Josh Inno

Josh Inno Guest

Best Answers:
    From a certain perspective, then so is Heterosexuality, as one requires a partner of the opposite gender to be aroused rather than being able to be satisfied with one of either gender like a bisexual can.

Josh Inno, Apr 10, 2007 IP
  9. ferret77

ferret77 Heretic

Best Answers:
    I think bi-sexual people are just horny

usually they only have real relationships with one sex or the other

ferret77, Apr 10, 2007 IP
  10. SolutionX

SolutionX Peon

Best Answers:
    I wouldn't really disagree with that, but I don't think it's bad to have a fetish, just when a person goes around bragging about it and making a big deal does it become something that gets made fun of, and if they're very sensitive to that type of critisism, they should just not make it hard on themselves, or at least not complain about it if they do instist on "coming out" to people who don't want to know.

I don't go around bragging about the fact that I am only attracted to women, because then I would probably be called a homophobe or latent homosexual. If someone asks, I will tell them, but otherwise I assume they really don't want to know about my mating habits.

I also don't make public anouncements to my family and friends about what type of heterosexual sex I enjoy... that's just rude and embarrassing, yet homosexuals insist on announcing it loud and clear what they do in their own bedrooms with no concern over who might be offended. Why then should everyone have to be so careful not to offend them?

The only thing I might question in your labeling of heterosexuality as a fetish is that in common usage, the term fetish invokes the idea of something not exactly normal, at least not publicly accepted as the norm.

That may not be the dictionary definition, but I think it is something that people automatically attach to the term in this context.

SolutionX, Apr 10, 2007 IP
  11. ferret77

ferret77 Heretic

Best Answers:
    The only place I have ever really seen in your face gayness is in the castro in San Fran

where do you see these loud gay people?

12. SolutionX

SolutionX Peon

Best Answers:
    I was referring mostly to their insistance upon labeling themselves as homosexual and "coming out".

SolutionX, Apr 10, 2007 IP
  13. ferret77

ferret77 Heretic

Best Answers:
    you prefer the repressed weridos that marry woman and do everthing to appear staright, include bash other gays

and then sneak out to pay gay hookers?

14. Mia

Mia R.I.P. STEVE JOBS

Best Answers:
    Speaking from experience? :eek:

Mia, Apr 10, 2007 IP
  15. ferret77

ferret77 Heretic

Best Answers:
    Homophobia is probably really funny and acceptable in whatever hick town you live, but in many places it recognized as ignorance, if you ever like travel anywhere you might want keep a lid on it

16. Mia

Mia R.I.P. STEVE JOBS

Best Answers:
    Denial is worse IMO... I accept and respect those out of the closet. I despise those that pretend to be something they are not. Not sure what hick town you hail from, but too me, that seems to be only part of the problem in your case.

I have gay friends, but I call them friends, not gay friend... I don't feel I need to make a distinction between, race, creed, religious belief, or sexual preference when it comes to justifying liberals guilt.

Hell, I have drug addict friends, black friends, Muslim friends, Jewish friends, liberal friends, and the list goes on. The reason they are friends is because they are honest, forthright and not afraid to be who they are.

I guess they do not feel the need to make a distinction either. One thing I do not have are ignorant friends... I guess that's probably why we are not friends.;)

Mia, Apr 10, 2007 IP
  17. Will.Spencer

Will.Spencer NetBuilder

Best Answers:
    "Homophobia" is the most stupid term ever.

No one is afraid of homosexuals or homosexuality

We don't say someone has "boogerphobia" when they refuse to eat boogers.

Will.Spencer, Apr 10, 2007 IP
  18. Person

Person Guest

Best Answers:
    Gays don't want to think about straight people having sex either, but that doesn't mean you should be forbidden from displaying affection for your wife or girlfriend. While I agree that gay pride movements are often excessive in their displays, as far as I know they are about providing recognition for gays to (hopefully) dispel stereotypes and be recognized as people.

Edit: I should probably make clear that recognition as a group was poor word choice. Recognition as people who are not freaks or perverts or whatever is the actual goal, to the best of my knowledge.

Person, Apr 10, 2007 IP
  19. Will.Spencer

Will.Spencer NetBuilder

Best Answers:
    I don't discriminate against them. I don't want to "recognize" straight people having sex either. Straight people just don't go out of their way to scream "I'm straight! I'm straight! Look at me! Yoo hoo! I'm straight!"

Will.Spencer, Apr 10, 2007 IP
  20. Person

Person Guest

Best Answers:
    Sure, that's fine. A lot of people, however, think that gays are freaks or pedophiles. I always thought the idea of gay pride was to demostrate that gays are not either of these things.

Person, Apr 12, 2007 IP