1. Advertising
    y u no do it?

Advertising (learn more)

Advertise virtually anything here, with CPM banner ads, CPM email ads and CPC contextual links. You can target relevant areas of the site and show ads based on geographical location of the user if you wish.

Starts at just $1 per CPM or $0.10 per CPC.

Homepage vs inner page (link juice)

Discussion in 'Search Engine Optimization' started by andrewg03, Mar 11, 2015.

For example the homepage has 15 OBL and the page 2 has 15 OBL too. The homepage gives more link juice or there is no difference between homepage and inner pages? Thanks

Solved! View solution.
    andrewg03, Mar 11, 2015 IP
  2. JoeLumbergh

JoeLumbergh Member

Best Answers:
    The amount of link-juice a page "gives", depends on how many link and what kind of link are pointing to that site.

Generally there is no difference. For example, If your inner page has way more backlinks than your homepage, because its maybe a great page, then your inner page will "give" a lot more juice than your homepage.

hope that helps

JoeLumbergh, Mar 13, 2015 IP
  3. andrewg03

andrewg03 Greenhorn

Best Answers:
    only the homepage (root domain) has backlinks, the inner pages have 0 backlinks

andrewg03, Mar 13, 2015 IP
  4. JoeLumbergh

JoeLumbergh Member

Best Answers:
    Then the homepage will give out more link juice, but not because it is the homepage, but because it has backlinks, and your inner page does not.

hope that helps

5. andrewg03

andrewg03 Greenhorn

Best Answers:
    i thought that every OBL gets the same amount of link juice since all the links are on the same site

Yes, of course, every OBL will get 1/15-th of the link juice. On your homepage as well as on your inner page. But since your homepage "recieves" more juice, it will pass more juice. 1/15 of your homepages juice is more than 1/15th of your inner page.

And remember, adding no follow to a link, won't increase the juice passed by the other links, they will still pass 1/15.

7. andrewg03

andrewg03 Greenhorn

Best Answers:
    ok thanks, i get it now

8. Kushal Shah

Kushal Shah Active Member

Best Answers:
    @Joel.umbergh I don't agree with you. How adding 'nofollow' tag will still pass the link juice?

Kushal Shah, Mar 13, 2015 IP
  9. JoeLumbergh

JoeLumbergh Member

Best Answers:
    That's the second thread in a row you disagree with me, simply because you don't really seem to undertand basic english.

When you have 15 OBL, and add No-follow to one of them, all the other 14 links will still pass only 1/15 of the total page juice. Thats basic knowledge, if you don't know that, please don't tell me to "update my SEO knowledge"
    Here if you want to learn how pagerank sculping works:
    http://moz.com/blog/link-consolidation-the-new-pagerank-sculpting

Rado_ch likes this.
  10. Kushal Shah

Best Answers:
    No offence but I wouldn't agree to an information that doesn't convey the right message. And it has been said by Matt Cutts, the person behing Google webspam team and not Rand Fishkin. Matt Cutts have clearly said that "Nofollow is method (introduced in 2005 and supported by multiple search engines) to annotate a link to tell search engines “I can’t or don’t want to vouch for this link.” In Google, nofollow links don’t pass PageRank and don’t pass anchortext [*]. Read the whole post here: https://www.mattcutts.com/blog/pagerank-sculpting/

Kushal Shah, Mar 23, 2015 IP
  11. JoeLumbergh

JoeLumbergh Member

Best Answers:
    I'm not sure what you are trying to tell me. You still understand my post wrong. The site you quoted describes exactly what I explained.

Nofollow doesn't not pass pagerank, BUT still counts as a link, and adding nofollow will therefor not increase the pagerank passed by all the other links.

Another example for you:
    You have 10 links, each of them passes 10 pagerank. Now you add nofollow to one link. This link will now pass 0 (ZERO) pagerank. BUT all the other links still pass only 10 (not 11.11) pagerank.

Make sure you read my first post, my new example and the page that you linked me to again, I'm sure you will understand the concept then.

JoeLumbergh, Mar 23, 2015 IP
  12. KylieSweet

KylieSweet Well-Known Member

Best Answers:
    Passing link juice or not is not the basis for page ranking but on how it will perform or engage with the users because its how Google consider your website as trusted and hub of information to the targeted audience.

Ignore page rank for now because Google is not interested to update it.

KylieSweet, Mar 23, 2015 IP
  13. Kushal Shah

Best Answers:
    This is a debatable topic and would be better to end this discussion here since the page rank is already dead. No point in discussing things that doesn't exist anymore.

Kushal Shah, Mar 25, 2015 IP
  14. JoeLumbergh

JoeLumbergh Member

Best Answers:
    It's not a debatable topic it's a fact that you don't seem to understand. But yeah let's ent this discussion, that would be great.

JoeLumbergh, Mar 25, 2015 IP
  15. patco

patco Well-Known Member

Best Answers:
    Then it's normal the homepage to have more Authority.. But I advice you to build backlinks to your inner pages too! ;)

patco, Mar 25, 2015 IP
  16. kjh-08

kjh-08 Well-Known Member

Best Answers:
    Joe Lumbergh is correct that a nofollow links still counts as a link but doesn't necessarily pass PR. A NATURAL backlink profile will have both dofollow and nofollow links.

You noobs are incorrect about PR no longer existing. Google just doesn't publicly update it, for spammers to continue manipulating it (out of sight-out of mind). NEVER has google said they removed it from their algorithms. They only said they don't UPDATE the PR tool bar. Just because you can't see it doesn't mean it doesn't exist, just like the other 200+ factors in their algorithm you don't see or see get updated publicly.

Discussion over

kjh-08, Mar 25, 2015 IP
  17. ishav.khan

ishav.khan Active Member

Best Answers:
    Home page priority is always higher tha inner pages but some inner page have great content and worth useful for users and have subsequent amount of good back links, then i am sure, i'll produce link juice than home page because of great content

ishav.khan, Mar 26, 2015 IP