1. Advertising
    y u no do it?

Advertising (learn more)

Advertise virtually anything here, with CPM banner ads, CPM email ads and CPC contextual links. You can target relevant areas of the site and show ads based on geographical location of the user if you wish.

Starts at just $1 per CPM or $0.10 per CPC.

Homepage indexing

Discussion in 'Search Engine Optimization' started by dannyboy789, Feb 22, 2013.

Hi

I wish to get google to index more often.

Homepage has an introduction text that stays the same.

What I was thinking to do was every time we add a blog post to the site was on the homepage text just add an an extract maybe 2 or 3 lines from the post with a link of course to the post.

My question is if it was the same text(for the 2 or 3 lines) would this be classed as duplicate content or can google see that we are just trying to tell people about the blog?

Many Thanks Dan

dannyboy789, Feb 22, 2013 IP
  2. coloma21

coloma21 Active Member

Best Answers:
    Digital Goods:
    Hi there,

Just as long as you keep it just 2 or 3 lines, then you won't get duplicate content.

Keep it as short as possible, you wouldn't want your entire article to be considered duplicate content.

Your homepage will eventually fill up with multiple excerpts from pages building up, and google does in fact consider this unique content... since it's being presented on the homepage that's unique from the inner pages.

If you really want to get indexed fast, just do some backlinks. You're guaranteed to be indexed within 7 days time. Take Cares!

To Your Success,

Marc

coloma21, Feb 24, 2013 IP
  3. dannyboy789

dannyboy789 Member

Best Answers:
    Hi Marc

Thanks for the reply

Actually will only have 1 post extract on the homepage and everytime I have a new post I will update the homepage to suit.

Would just the tiltle plus "read more" be sufficient to be safe?

Cheers Dan

dannyboy789, Feb 24, 2013 IP
  4. coloma21

coloma21 Active Member

Best Answers:
    Digital Goods:
    Yea that's fine man... you'll be okay with that, don't sweat it hahah!

Take Cares,

Marc

coloma21, Feb 24, 2013 IP
  5. nasi

nasi Active Member

Best Answers:
    The best way is to register Facebook fan page,Twitter and Google + page.Every time you write a new article,share a link with few sentences on them and your page will be indexed very quickly

nasi, Feb 24, 2013 IP