1. Advertising
    y u no do it?

Advertising (learn more)

Advertise virtually anything here, with CPM banner ads, CPM email ads and CPC contextual links. You can target relevant areas of the site and show ads based on geographical location of the user if you wish.

Starts at just $1 per CPM or $0.10 per CPC.

Home Remodeling

Discussion in 'General Marketing' started by rhinoplayer, Oct 26, 2004.

Anyone have any experience with a home remodeler's, kitchen and bath mostly, web sites? I have a friend who does about $2million per year in business in Milwaukee, WI and he would like to grow 5-10%/year. I'm thinking it would be pretty easy (and he might get a ton more!).

Any experience out there? Brief advice?

Thanks

rhinoplayer, Oct 26, 2004 IP
  2. OnSEO

OnSEO Guest

Best Answers:
    Well there doesn't seem to be that much competition for keywords related to Home Remodeling ...Id say that you could well in the serps.

THanks

OnSEO, Oct 26, 2004 IP
  3. mhdoc

mhdoc Tauren

Best Answers:
    It's a nice niche. I built a site for a guy who sells and installs hardwood floors in the Madison, WI area and he tells me he gets 2-3 calls a week from the site timbergreenfarms.com. I have another site which is #4 on Google for "Bathroom floor replacement" which might make a good link exchange when/if you get to that point.

mhdoc, Oct 26, 2004 IP
  4. netprofits

netprofits Peon

Best Answers:
    I have a site (kitchen-cabinets-design.com) that ranks very well for kitchen related terms (kitchen cabinets, kitchen designs, custom kitchen cabinets, cabinet refacing, etc) - generates 3500+ visitors per day and 30-60 leads per day. I'm actually in the begining stages of selling the site to a large network of cabinet companies, but I'm always open to talk to others :)

netprofits, Oct 31, 2004 IP
  5. rhinoplayer

rhinoplayer Peon

Best Answers:
    Thanks for the advice. It seems wide open! Just can't figure out why no one else is building local web sites for remodeling that rank well...it must be that builders mentality?!? they are known for.

rhinoplayer, Nov 1, 2004 IP
  6. mhdoc

mhdoc Tauren

Best Answers:
    It would be worth checking out markupandprofit.com for background on the contractor business.

mhdoc, Nov 1, 2004 IP
  7. earlpearl

earlpearl Well-Known Member

Best Answers:
    I discussed just this issue with a friend with a remodeling business in Northern Virginia. I'd like to track how you do.

Dave

earlpearl, Nov 2, 2004 IP
  8. earlpearl

Best Answers:
    I have a web site that competes locally and nationally. Local competition on the web is pretty minimal. We are basically #1 for most variations on local phrases 6 in google for the main national phrase and strong in various national phrases.

Added one backlink (a directory) with specific anchor text targeted toward a local phrase with the back link hitting an interior page. About a week later that interior page is #2 behind our home page for the variation on our main phrase. Very powerful. It gives us a way to flood the local serps with more than one mention on the first page. I'm going to repeat this with other targeted anchor text for various regional phrases and see how it does.

If the competition isn't fierce on a local basis you could dominate.

Dave

earlpearl, Nov 5, 2004 IP
  9. rhinoplayer

rhinoplayer Peon

Best Answers:
    I've tried the interior page technique myself on more competitive terms and haven't had much luck...but perhaps it's worth a shot on this site since there is no competition!

Do you care to share the address for your site? Would love to browse.

Thanks

rhinoplayer, Nov 8, 2004 IP
  10. earlpearl

Best Answers:
    I PM'd you my site. Let me know what you think. We aren't programmers at all. We learned seo because of a fear of competition. Since then we have tripled traffic to the site got high rankings nationally and locally, and have doubled our contacts into the site.

Each business is different. We emphasize the pictures and success stories.

I've learned a good bit from others with good local experience in serps, national and local and driving local traffic to the site.

Dave

earlpearl, Nov 8, 2004 IP
    guerilla likes this.