1. Advertising
    y u no do it?

Advertising (learn more)

Advertise virtually anything here, with CPM banner ads, CPM email ads and CPC contextual links. You can target relevant areas of the site and show ads based on geographical location of the user if you wish.

Starts at just $1 per CPM or $0.10 per CPC.

Home Description - Question

Discussion in 'Search Engine Optimization' started by andrej, May 2, 2012.

I want to use the home description meta tag on one of my websites (I don't have any meta tags on this website yet) in order to show some appropriate description of my website in the Google's search results - because right now a part of the article of my website shows as the description, but I want a better description.

I have one question regarding the meta description tag: Does it have to contain exactly just the words that my website contains? Or can I add just a few words that are not on my website to make the description more interesting? Or can Google penalize my site for doing this?

Also, I have read somewhere that Google sometimes do not show your meta description as the description of your website in the search results, but that they instead pick a part of your website and show that. Is this true? If yes, what can I do to make the meta description show?

andrej, May 2, 2012 IP
  2. johneva

johneva Well-Known Member

Best Answers:
    As long as its a relevant description it should get used and no penalty would exist.

johneva, May 2, 2012 IP
    andrej likes this.
  3. andrej

andrej Notable Member

Best Answers:
    OK, thank you for your quick reply. So I have added the meta description to my website.

andrej, May 3, 2012 IP
  4. hitechbpo

hitechbpo Peon

Best Answers:
    According to me write description which is related to your web page. It is more beneficial.

hitechbpo, May 3, 2012 IP
  5. harsabana

harsabana Peon

Best Answers:
    well description must be your content oriented , it does't matter if you add few words that are not on your website.

harsabana, May 3, 2012 IP