1. Advertising
    y u no do it?

Advertising (learn more)

Advertise virtually anything here, with CPM banner ads, CPM email ads and CPC contextual links. You can target relevant areas of the site and show ads based on geographical location of the user if you wish.

Starts at just $1 per CPM or $0.10 per CPC.

holidays and online stores

Discussion in 'eCommerce' started by Irene_Loor, Dec 11, 2016.

Hi! I was interested how to increase sales in online stores during holidays, because it is a perfect time to work for online merchants. I found a useful article at Browuse blog called "holidays are coming: prepare your online shops". They offer
    1. Update the home page of your website. Create a holiday mood
    2. Modify the headlines
    3. Social media post
    4. Email marketing
    (If you are interested you can google and find it on your own, because I cannt add links to my posts yet).

What are you planning to do?

Irene_Loor, Dec 11, 2016 IP
  2. Importexport

Importexport Member

Best Answers:
    None of this will do you any good unless you have inventory available. Those who are dropshipping using local suppliers do have some hope of delivering to their customers within a reasonable time frame but they should check with their suppliers to find out when they will be sending out shipments during the holiday period.

It might pay to advertise the dates during which you will be open for business, and that will depend on when your suppliers will ship.

Those dropshipping ex China by using suppliers on Aliexpress, risk having many unhappy customers because of the impending Chinese New Year. Aliexpress suppliers simply won't be there to handle orders for about a month beginning on Jan 1. Those sellers must stop offering products for sale now, or they will get many complaints, chargebacks and bad feed back. The problem of slow delivery from China is a serious one at any time for those who use the flawed Aliexpress dropshipping system, but from mid December through early Feb is far worse.

This might make those newbie sellers using the Aliexpress business model pause and think do they want this continuing problem for the peanuts they earn? Instead they can start a sustainable and highly profitable business by buying small amounts of inventory direct from real manufacturers in China. They not only get to control their own business, they also get to make profits higher than they can dream of by dropshipping.

Chinese New Year can then be planned for and they can avoid the loss of business over the best selling time of year.

Walter Hay

Importexport, Dec 11, 2016 IP
  3. Milliardo

Milliardo Active Member

Best Answers:
    I like those suggestions. Of course, a holiday theme would help in getting customers in. Modifying headlines, and even product descriptions to fit the theme, would be good also. It would be good to have products that would fit for the holiday season, or else showcase products that might be good gift suggestions. And yes, social media is always helpful.

Milliardo, Dec 11, 2016 IP
  4. Irene_Loor

Irene_Loor Peon

Best Answers:
    Thank you very much for the answers!

Irene_Loor, Dec 12, 2016 IP