1. Advertising
    y u no do it?

Advertising (learn more)

Advertise virtually anything here, with CPM banner ads, CPM email ads and CPC contextual links. You can target relevant areas of the site and show ads based on geographical location of the user if you wish.

Starts at just $1 per CPM or $0.10 per CPC.

Holiday Trends, Cyber Mondays & Nifty Tools

Discussion in 'Bing Ads' started by T0PS3O, Nov 28, 2006.

The AdCenter people just posted a great blog post:

http://adcenterblog.spaces.live.com/Blog/cns!85E824269AB8C30D!187.entry

I wasn't aware of the 'commercial intent' tools and some of the stats they share are pretty impressive. All PPCers should go check it out!

So how was your 'Cyber Monday' yesterday? In the UK we don't seem to get half the effect and for me today was far better than yesterday.

T0PS3O, Nov 28, 2006 IP
  2. GuyFromChicago

GuyFromChicago Permanent Peon

Best Answers:
    Although not yet as popular as the Google stuff the things that the adcenter group (especially the tools at adlabs) are working on are flat out awesome. I've always been amazed at how little discussion those tools get - that data is kick ass.

GuyFromChicago, Nov 28, 2006 IP
  3. T0PS3O

T0PS3O Feel Good PLC

Best Answers:
    It does raise a few question like how they come to the conclusion a search is 'of commercial intent' or whether the searcher is male or female and hwat age. Some of it is very targeted and potentially sensitive. I guess they datamine Hotmail etc. for profiling demographics. Whether or not a search is commercial can probably be deducted from click throughs to their shopping engines, conversions and seasonal data.

T0PS3O, Nov 28, 2006 IP
    save-a-family likes this.
  4. Crazy_Rob

Crazy_Rob I seen't it!

Best Answers:
    My B2B Ecommerce site saw it's typical C-Monday spike w/ a 10% increase in order volume and traffic.

Crazy_Rob, Nov 28, 2006 IP
  5. GuyFromChicago

GuyFromChicago Permanent Peon

Best Answers:
    That is my assumption as well. While not perfect they do have massive amounts of "passport" data collected over the years from tens of millions (hundreds?) of users. We all know is not 100% accurate (really, I'm not a 72 year old female from Alaska:) ) but it's still a larger set of data than 99.9% of search marketers will ever have access to.

GuyFromChicago, Nov 28, 2006 IP