1. Advertising
    y u no do it?

Advertising (learn more)

Advertise virtually anything here, with CPM banner ads, CPM email ads and CPC contextual links. You can target relevant areas of the site and show ads based on geographical location of the user if you wish.

Starts at just $1 per CPM or $0.10 per CPC.

Holiday Traffic Rush. Are YOU Prepared?

Discussion in 'General Marketing' started by Clicksor_CS, Dec 16, 2013.

Around this time of the year, it tends to be crazy for webmasters. There will be an increase in traffic volume through out the holiday season with consumers doing online shopping, researching, and reviewing. But the big question is, are you prepared for it? Keeping your website actively online is one aspect but preparing, but boosting your traffic volume should be your objective. Here are some useful tips that can help prevent your traffic from dropping:

Be Socially Active

When the holiday season rolls around, the popularity of social media sites also goes up. If you’re able to provide interesting content for your visitors to read, they will definitely share it on Facebook, Twitter, Instagram, and even Pinterest. People love sharing pictures and links, so what better way to boost your traffic then by having others do it for you. Create an image for your website that makes your visitors feel like the whole world should know about it.

Manage Your Sitelinks

Your sitelinks are what online shoppers will see in search engines. Make sure the links you provide are the web pages you want to display and are fully functional. In addition, your sitelinks should target towards the holiday season so there’s a purpose in going to your site.

Make Your Site Mobile – Friendly

Did you know in 2012, 4 in 5 shoppers will use devices to help with holiday shopping? It is one of the biggest contributors to an increase in holiday traffic and this number is continuously growing. Hence, having a site on a mobile device will give you an advantage over other sites that don’t while increasing your site traffic. Make sure you or your web designer is able to successfully translate your site content on the desktop and make it compatible with mobile.

Those are just some useful tips to help you beat the rush. Don't get stuck in "traffic"!

Clicksor_CS, Dec 16, 2013 IP
    cpv4ever likes this.
  2. Sam's Solo

Sam's Solo Greenhorn

Best Answers:
    Great !!!

Sam's Solo, Dec 16, 2013 IP
  3. cpv4ever

cpv4ever Greenhorn

Best Answers:
    Good tips. I have seen my traffic increase on my website during the holiday season and this is a nice checklist. Thanks for sharing.

cpv4ever, Dec 16, 2013 IP
  4. qwikad.com

qwikad.com Illustrious Member Affiliate Manager

Best Answers:
    We've had some burst of activity today compared to yesterday. Very good! Bring it on!

qwikad.com, Dec 17, 2013 IP
  5. deriklogov

deriklogov Well-Known Member

Best Answers:
    Its very strange i found that for classified sites in holiday season traffic going down, i could see that from my own experience and you can check alexa ranking for big players like craigslist or backpage

deriklogov, Dec 22, 2013 IP
  6. SliceOfLife

SliceOfLife Well-Known Member

Best Answers:
    Also dying off here on adult dating. Gladly not completely off, but I start feeling poor with these double-digit income numbers :D

SliceOfLife, Dec 22, 2013 IP
  7. creztor

creztor Well-Known Member

Best Answers:
    Classified sites have been going down over the years, but that's mostly due to so many people jumping in and trying to use them. You need to be a lot more creative than you had to with classified sites now than you did in the past. Still potential there, provided you know what you are doing.

creztor, Dec 22, 2013 IP
  8. WebDeveloperSahil

WebDeveloperSahil Active Member

Best Answers:
    Nice tips, but my website niche has nothing to do with holidays haha

WebDeveloperSahil, Dec 22, 2013 IP