1. Advertising
    y u no do it?

Advertising (learn more)

Advertise virtually anything here, with CPM banner ads, CPM email ads and CPC contextual links. You can target relevant areas of the site and show ads based on geographical location of the user if you wish.

Starts at just $1 per CPM or $0.10 per CPC.

Hmm how to optmize for keywords?

Discussion in 'Keywords' started by linksharp, Jul 5, 2005.

Something that im seeing is that if i go and optmize for the keyword wichita web design
    but when I goto a search engine and type wichita web design.
    the first page that is listed lets say yahoo

optimal web design

Optimal Web Design offers empirically-based suggestions on how to design and build usable websites. ... Criteria for optimal web design (designing for usability) ... Dept of Psychology. Wichita State University. Wichita, KS 67260-0034

instead of looking for wichita web design it looks for

wichita as 1 keyword
    then looks for web as one keyword
    then goes for design
    then goes for wichita web then web design and you know stuff like that whats up with this.
    I would think people that are using wichita web design as a keyword would be ranking better

by the way my site is www.sitesharp.com

linksharp, Jul 5, 2005 IP
  2. 2ndPlatform

2ndPlatform Peon

Best Answers:
    Hi linksharp:

The rankings probably have more to do with the title if that's what you initially saw. Looks like that top result has a lot more backlinks - maybe it was out on the web longer - maybe it's gotten more visitors or has more powerful backlinks. I saw the same thing when I was targeting my own local area for web design ("wisconsin web design"). I'm #1 now but some of the top results before that were from all over.

If "witchita web design" is the traffic you're looking for - you should be able to get there no problem.

Although I would recommend making sure that "witchita web design" is right - I looked on the keywork selector tool on Overture (one of my SEO steps) and didn't find any results, which means that no one was searching on that term. There were a bunch for "kansas web design" etc. Dunno - just a suggestion. I'd hate to have you do all kinds of work and not be able to see the right amount of traffic for it.

Good luck - let me know if you have any other questions!

Shannon Fermanian
    Second Platform LLC
    www.secondplatform.com

2ndPlatform, Jul 5, 2005 IP