1. Advertising
    y u no do it?

Advertising (learn more)

Advertise virtually anything here, with CPM banner ads, CPM email ads and CPC contextual links. You can target relevant areas of the site and show ads based on geographical location of the user if you wish.

Starts at just $1 per CPM or $0.10 per CPC.

Suggestion Hiring Section

Discussion in 'Support & Feedback' started by CU_Designs, Apr 18, 2014.

Hi. I noticed there is no hiring section on here. I don't mean sections that blend selling threads with buying threads together. I literally mean there being a section called 'Jobs for Hire' or 'Hiring' or 'Positions for Hire' or 'Contract Work for Hire' or just anything with words specific to 'hiring' only threads. I have wanted to hire people here and it gets confusing on here where to post the job. So what happens a lot of times, I end up going to Craigslist and other sites where it's clearly marked where a person is to post jobs for hire. Is such a distinction going to be done at Digital Point Forums in the future for implementing 'hiring only' sections?

Just wondering.

CU_Designs, Apr 18, 2014 IP
  2. superprg

superprg Well-Known Member

Best Answers:
    superprg, Apr 18, 2014 IP
  3. CU_Designs

CU_Designs Well-Known Member

Best Answers:
    Digital Goods:
    Yea that's a prime example of blending buying and selling threads under one roof. The for hire section I'm talking about DP implementing is really all about more specific organization: like how Craigslist separates the 'For Sale' sections from the 'Jobs' section and people seeking work or post their services in the 'Services' section or they can put their resume in the 'Resume' section on CL, which all makes it very easy and user-friendly when knowing clearly what goes where. They aren't all blended together. See:

[​IMG]

So was just wondering if DP would ever improve its thread organizations to have more distinct sections that don't blend buying and selling threads like it is now. Doesn't have to be exactly like Craigslist. The idea is to just separate buying from selling threads especially for the jobs for hire from the selling services and selling products sections. I see some users on here posting 'for hire' threads in both sections in any given category because they probably don't know where it's really meant to go. And even a moderator I believe made a comment about it to help clear the confusion, however, it's not very useful because people are still posting job threads in more than one place. It's the confusion. You most certainly will not find that kind of confusion on sites better organized like Craigslist. So just a suggestion to make the sections more user-friendly and remove confusion.

How it also would help staff at DP: it would mean a lot less work and time spent on maintenance and moving threads around to the right section that they feel are placed in the wrong section, and it would save on the time spent giving many people infractions and banning people who are just confused. You can't go wrong with more distinct, separate and precisely marked sections. You just can't. But you definitely can when things are blended and not as user-friendly as it should be. It's been this way for years so maybe at some point DP will improve that. Shrugs.

CU_Designs, Apr 18, 2014 IP