1. Advertising
    y u no do it?

Advertising (learn more)

Advertise virtually anything here, with CPM banner ads, CPM email ads and CPC contextual links. You can target relevant areas of the site and show ads based on geographical location of the user if you wish.

Starts at just $1 per CPM or $0.10 per CPC.

Hiring Odesk Contractors

Discussion in 'General Business' started by ytr191, May 11, 2013.

I recently found this Odesk contractor who is willing to work for $2.22 a hour. What I need her to do is Social Media Marketing work. Typically what I need her to do is post a few things on my facebook page, pinterest page and twitter page.

Although I don't think her actions will earn me any money. My site is a amazon affiliate store and I have been struggling to get traffic.

I really think social media marketing is the key to getting free targeted traffic.

What do you guys think. Should I hire her, or find a better way to get traffic?

ytr191, May 11, 2013 IP
  2. kuszeras

kuszeras Active Member

Best Answers:
    The truth is that if someone is really willing to work 40/hours per week for 2$ per hour you will probably lose much more time teaching and controlling that person. And then - once he is able to contribute anything useful he will probably want more ;). I have many such experiences with odesk so I am not a fan of that place :).

kuszeras, May 11, 2013 IP
  3. ravenlaire

ravenlaire Greenhorn

Best Answers:
    I have to agree with you kuszeras. Hire a top notch VA and pay her a decent salary and you will get the result you are aiming. If you do not pay much money for something, it is probably of poor quality.; If you pay well for something, it is more likely to be of good quality.

ravenlaire, Jun 4, 2013 IP
  4. Martin Coleman

Martin Coleman Greenhorn

Best Answers:
    I think that you should give her a chance, this type of work doesnt require that much training, so basically you don't spend your time in vain.
    Why don't you check her for 2-3 weeks on a 25-30 hours per week schedule and see if your traffic increase. You can never know without trying,bear in mind that an "expert" will charge way more then that and he have no guarantee as well.
    Good luck.

Martin Coleman, Jun 4, 2013 IP
  5. adbash

adbash Active Member

Best Answers:
    Better pay for completed actions and not for work time. It's easier to fix the rate. For the specific number of entries and for concrete action.

adbash, Jun 4, 2013 IP
  6. lesa mitchell

lesa mitchell Member

Best Answers:
    Odesk is a great place to look for good employers and employees too, but you have to make sure that they are credible enough to work on you or work for you.

lesa mitchell, Jun 5, 2013 IP