1. Advertising
    y u no do it?

Advertising (learn more)

Advertise virtually anything here, with CPM banner ads, CPM email ads and CPC contextual links. You can target relevant areas of the site and show ads based on geographical location of the user if you wish.

Starts at just $1 per CPM or $0.10 per CPC.

Hiring Indians for hard labour online?

Discussion in 'General Marketing' started by LLLL, Jan 6, 2008.

1. Tudi

Tudi Peon

Best Answers:
    Why not post a thread in the Buy/Trade section Aatma? I'm sure you could find someone. If not, try www.rentacoder.com, getafreelancer.com or elance.com

Tudi, Jan 26, 2008 IP
  2. SEOLinker

SEOLinker Banned

Best Answers:
    Hmmm...well. How much get paid someone who sells mobile phones in shops (I mean this big networks who sells different cell phones , etc.). Here in Ukraine (very similar to India) he gets $400+. So point is, why to do job which OP offered ?

And whole his thing I see as insult to Indians, pretty surprised that lot of them don't care.

SEOLinker, Jan 26, 2008 IP
  3. vishnups

vishnups Banned

Best Answers:
    India is not a poor country as some of you think. Only thing is that the exchange rate for Dollar is good 1$=Indian Rupees 40) :)

vishnups, Jan 27, 2008 IP
  4. deccanbazaar.biz

deccanbazaar.biz Banned

Best Answers:
    Ok normally people in india get paid around Rs.5000 as a salary and $100 makes that Rs.4000 so if they get around 10 hours work they get there months salary and people think after converting the currency into there currency so its not cheap work but work which satisfy indians atleat they get paid rs.5000 for all the hard work:)

i have seen many uk people start a thread or a website where they sell some stuff for like around 0.1 GBP what they earn still i dont know why they do like that .

UK People Always do that i have some example sites but dont want to share here.

deccanbazaar.biz, Jan 27, 2008 IP
  5. krates

krates Active Member

Best Answers:
    I am from india and 1$ = 39 rs so it is very much for us

but some indians does not use there minds and work for less rates

if they work at the rates all of us are working they can earn more then us

krates, Jan 27, 2008 IP
    SEOLinker likes this.
  6. Aatma

Aatma Well-Known Member

Best Answers:
    5000 rupees is low income these days but how do i find people that want to work for that amount?
    most of time when i ask for some easy tasks, ppl quote unrealistic high prices. i have rent a coder etc

Aatma, Jan 27, 2008 IP
  7. TheVccMatey

TheVccMatey Peon

Best Answers:
    Isn't this like racial discrimination?Nice to see the red.. please post your friend's username here as well :D

TheVccMatey, Jan 27, 2008 IP
  8. SEOLinker

SEOLinker Banned

Best Answers:
    I see what you are saying that is good, etc. Problem is inflation also BIG in 3rd world. As I said million times on this forum $500 3 years ago was very decent income. Today it's for food, rent and very basic clothing - all this for 1 person. Forget about mortgage, cars, travel (well, walking around country don't count, lmao).

If you you guys earning $100-200 then how in the hell you can afford internet bills, etc. ? Explain this to me, if I earn that much it will be luxury to me.

Yes, 10 hours for $100 is good. But not for 100 hours for $100.

SEOLinker, Jan 27, 2008 IP
  9. SEOLinker

SEOLinker Banned

Best Answers:
    Aatma, another point why people need to work for you for 5k that rupees when they can get them from usual job with some basic bonuses, etc. ?

10. Aatma

Aatma Well-Known Member

Best Answers:
    yes you are quite right seolinker, the inflation is crazy
    That is why i mentioend that it is not possible or easy to hire people from India at dirt cheap prices
    those days are gone
    So other than whats mentioned above, are there any other good sites to hire people really cheap?
    and secondly
    can someone please point out what is average starting monthly salary of a computer literate, college educated person with very good english in 2nd tier cities like Chandigarh, surat, ahmedabad, nagpur etc?
    is it ruppes 5000, 8000 or 12000?

Aatma, Jan 27, 2008 IP
  11. SEOLinker

SEOLinker Banned

Best Answers:
    Well $1 = 40 rupees, sounds good, but how much is buying power today ?

Aatma, I don't know about this salaries, but I think people looking for it's increase probably over time if they work off-line. Propose them the same and little more to cover risks of telecommute job. Anyway I highly doubt that you can find someone to work for less than $500/month even for that simple jobs. Just imho.

Guys, I paid $100 to local guy to install item which make air hot and cold (forget it's name in english), damn. And that is the prices.

12. CharacterPlanet

CharacterPlanet Banned

Best Answers:
    I think the reason most people are upset is with the wording...I think the OP means Indian as in cheap labor...I don't think it's fair to lump a group of people like this together.

CharacterPlanet, Jan 27, 2008 IP
  13. SEOLinker

SEOLinker Banned

Best Answers:
    Absolutely, guess what ? Some buyer on RAC year ago asked me to type word "monkey" to check if I understand the project well :eek::mad:

14. mwzd

mwzd Member

Best Answers:
    OP chose wrong words, is all I can say. I'm Indian and while I was offended at the title the explanations that were forthcoming were written in plain English.

If you choose not to accept them thats another thing. I for one don't care either way, I don't need anyone to tell me my worth or that of any other Indian. I know it.

What I do have a problem with is the whole scheme. WHY do you need so many gmail accounts? What are you trying to pull, more accounts at gmail = more accounts on DP and similar sites = more fraud - eg. http://forums.digitalpoint.com/itrader.php?u=126630

mwzd, Jan 27, 2008 IP
  15. SitPoMk

SitPoMk Peon

Best Answers:
    everything has been said already .. poor choice of words, and poor choice of topic man ....

whichever side you look at it from. The way you describe outsourcing is offensive, the way you want it implemented is illegal and not fit for a professional forum like Digital Point, and outsourcing is also very harmful for the market of your country(i assume your not from india ....)

SitPoMk, Jan 27, 2008 IP
  16. Perry Rose

Perry Rose Peon

Best Answers:
    Blah blah blah blah....

Jesus, will you people give it a fucking rest and just answer his direct question?

Perry Rose, Jan 27, 2008 IP
    kiviniar likes this.
  17. Aatma

Aatma Well-Known Member

Best Answers:
    well, anyone care to answer this simple question?
    how much....rupees 5000 or more?

Aatma, Jan 27, 2008 IP
  18. SEOLinker

SEOLinker Banned

Best Answers:
    I've already replied to you. 5000 rupees is a joke.

19. Aatma

Aatma Well-Known Member

Best Answers:
    yes but i want to hear 2nd opinion bro

Aatma, Jan 27, 2008 IP
  20. mwzd

mwzd Member

Best Answers:
    Starting salary of a 10th std pass with decent english = Rs.15,000 (bpo)

Starting salary of a graduate = Rs.25,000

Starting salary of an mba = Rs.60,000

Rs.5000 is the starting salary of UNSKILLED LABOUR - you know the kinds who take up such job offers. I pay my driver Rs.6000/pm plus Rs.150 overtime (3 hrs). and all he can do is drive, both computers and english are a mystery to him.

And these are STARTING salaries... people with experience get 2x per 3 yrs of experience.

Entrepreneurs make much more obviously. ;)

mwzd, Jan 28, 2008 IP