1. Advertising
    y u no do it?

Advertising (learn more)

Advertise virtually anything here, with CPM banner ads, CPM email ads and CPC contextual links. You can target relevant areas of the site and show ads based on geographical location of the user if you wish.

Starts at just $1 per CPM or $0.10 per CPC.

Buying Hiring coder for an old php website that fails to switch to SSL

Discussion in 'Services' started by sabin, Oct 11, 2018.

Hi,

I've got an old website, not a popular CMS, with a basic structure, I didn't code it myself, I simply "inherited" it from a retired admin, a long time ago. Purely php-mysql based.
    For some reason, it reverts back to http when I want to switch it to https, and if I force it by htaccess we get into the typical "Err_too_many_redirects" error.
    It must be something that I missed in the code of the few php files composing the site, or something with its htaccess.
    SEMrush
    I'm hiring someone for a simple task: browse the code (it's not a behemoth with dozens of files, fortunately) and tell me where I fucked up, and what must be replaced/adapted/added.
    I would provide a zipped copy of the php and htaccess files, no server write access.

I'm willing to pay 50$ for the job done and witnessed to work (Paypal), I don't think it should take an hour, more like 30 minutes, for someone who knows his php. I have zero history of a coder who complained he wasn't paid in the past for my past commissions on the site.

Get in touch with me by forum PM if you're up to the job. But please: no vague message following an invitation to continue on Skype, I will NOT answer to these, I keep my discussions within the Digital Point private messages systems.

Cheers!

sabin, Oct 11, 2018 IP
    SEMrush
  2. sangrai67

sangrai67 Banned

Best Answers:
    As Seller:
    100% - 0
    As Buyer:
    100% - 0
    Can you share the URL. Interested PM me.

sangrai67, Oct 12, 2018 IP
  3. sabin

sabin Active Member

Best Answers:
    As Seller:
    100% - 0
    As Buyer:
    100% - 0
    Hello,

The job is closed, the site's SSL is now working. A brief note of triumph, I fixed it myself! Kinda accidentally, true, but still :D

Have a good day, everyone!

sabin, Oct 15, 2018 IP