1. Advertising
    y u no do it?

Advertising (learn more)

Advertise virtually anything here, with CPM banner ads, CPM email ads and CPC contextual links. You can target relevant areas of the site and show ads based on geographical location of the user if you wish.

Starts at just $1 per CPM or $0.10 per CPC.

Hindi is not displaying properly in TCPDF

Discussion in 'PHP' started by FutureKing, Jul 8, 2017.

I am trying to generate PDF using TCPDF with Hindi Unicode characters. I tried Mangal, Noto Sans, Arial Unicode fonts but all give the same output. If there is a "Matra" or "Half character" then it does not display properly.

See this output:
    [​IMG]

<?php
    error_reporting(E_ALL);
    ini_set("display_errors","On");

require_once 'vendor/autoload.php';

$hindi_str ="राष्ट्रपति प्रणव मुखर्जी। ";
    $hindi_str2 ="देश हमें देता है सब कुछ";// create new PDF document
    $pdf =new TCPDF(PDF_PAGE_ORIENTATION, PDF_UNIT, PDF_PAGE_FORMAT,true,'UTF-8',false);

//$fontname_kannada = TCPDF_FONTS::addTTFfont('NotoSansKannada-Regular.ttf', 'TrueTypeUnicode', '', 96);
    $fontname_hindi1 = TCPDF_FONTS::addTTFfont('NotoSansDevanagari-Regular.ttf','TrueTypeUnicode','',96);
    $fontname_hindi2 = TCPDF_FONTS::addTTFfont('mangal.ttf','TrueTypeUnicode','',96);
    $fontname_hindi3 = TCPDF_FONTS::addTTFfont("ARIALUNI.TTF",'TrueTypeUnicode','',96);// use the font

$pdf->AddPage();

$pdf->SetFont($fontname_hindi3,'',14,'',false);
    $pdf->writeHTML("<h1>Hindi $hindi_str $hindi_str2</h1>",true,false,true,false,'');
    $pdf->Ln();

$pdf->writeHTML("<h1>Kannada ಖುತುಬ್ ಮಿನಾರ್ ಸಮೀಪವಿರುವ ಪ್ರಸಿದ್ಧ ಕಬ್ಬಿಣದ ಕಂಬ ಯಾರಿಗೆ ಸೇರಿದೆ</h1>",true,false,true,false,'');

// output the HTML content// ---------------------------------------------------------

//Close and output PDF document
    $pdf->Output('example.pdf','I');

?>

Please help

FutureKing, Jul 8, 2017 IP
  2. ThePHPMaster

ThePHPMaster Well-Known Member

Best Answers:
    I found it pretty hard working with tcpdf with non latine characters. I would recommend you use mpdf instead:

https://github.com/mpdf/mpdf

Most functions are pretty much the same.

ThePHPMaster, Jul 8, 2017 IP