1. Advertising
    y u no do it?

Advertising (learn more)

Advertise virtually anything here, with CPM banner ads, CPM email ads and CPC contextual links. You can target relevant areas of the site and show ads based on geographical location of the user if you wish.

Starts at just $1 per CPM or $0.10 per CPC.

Highlights in Notifications!

Discussion in 'Twitter' started by Sarahcfgirl, Aug 27, 2017.

Ok, so stick with me before enthusiastically typing Uncheck the "highlights" option in settings! and thinking you've saved me. I have tried that. I have unchecked it. I have checked it. I have repeatedly unchecked and checked every check-able option in settings. Nothing works.

What my issue is... I get notifications 3-5 times a day that are like the following:
    [these 3 users you follow] liked a photo from [random user]
    [these users you follow] retweeted a photo from [random user]
    Highlights from [user you follow] and 13 others

It'd be one thing if these were just in my timeline, but my notifications?? Every day, I see a little red number on my notifications tab and excitedly go to see who cares about my tweets, only to have those thrown in my face.. and when I DO have an actual notification, I have to sort through that crap to find it. It drives me INSANE.
    I've contacted twitter support about this, but obviously, they're no help. They either ignore me or an automated reply points me to the solution I mentioned above: Going into 'push notifications' and unchecking the 'highlights' option and hitting save. DOESN'T. WORK. In fact, I may be imagining it, but I could swear they only got more frequent after I unchecked the box.

I've tried googling it, only to get the same exact answer (see above) over and over again.
    PLEASE tell me you know how to fix it or AT LEAST have the same issue so I don't feel like I'm taking crazy pills.

Attached Files:

Sarahcfgirl, Aug 27, 2017 IP