1. Advertising
    y u no do it?

Advertising (learn more)

Advertise virtually anything here, with CPM banner ads, CPM email ads and CPC contextual links. You can target relevant areas of the site and show ads based on geographical location of the user if you wish.

Starts at just $1 per CPM or $0.10 per CPC.

High Risk Payment Processing Woes

Discussion in 'Payment Processing' started by krombopmichael, Mar 16, 2016.

Hi all,

New to the forum but this looks like a great place to ask my question.

I am starting a nootropics company and am looking for payment processing. We are based in Belize and have no history of taking payments (being a new company and all).

This combination of factors is making it next to impossible to even get a payment processor to talk to us.

Does anyone have any idea about the best way to secure a high risk merchant account and payment processor?

Thanks in advance.

krombopmichael, Mar 16, 2016 IP
  2. mentos

mentos Prominent Member

Best Answers:
    Why not using bit coins as it anonymous and secure.

mentos, Mar 25, 2016 IP
  3. chellosp

chellosp Well-Known Member

Best Answers:
    Yes, go for Bitcoin and be happy. But it isn't fully anonymous, anyone can look at the blockchain to see the transactions in/out your wallet.

chellosp, Mar 27, 2016 IP
  4. fionix

fionix Well-Known Member

Best Answers:
    You will not find any payment processor that will take on your offshore corp. in Belize I assure you of this! You may consult firstatlantic.com but as far as I know they don't take startups any longer. You may want to incorporate in the UK or Malta / Cyprus to get a EU merchant account your chances to get approved there are 10 times higher.

fionix, Mar 29, 2016 IP
  5. doublespaces

doublespaces Member

Best Answers:
    Your only hope is to find someone who will process for you using a factored merchant account. Merchant factoring is the process of taking a merchant account and using it for a purpose not defined in the business plan which was laid out when the account was approved. If you get caught, the merchant account will get terminated likely with a TMF. Once the chargebacks start rolling in, this is likely especially if the business model is not the same as the original account. You can find some companies which will do this for 30-50% off the top, but honestly, there is no reason for any sane company to do this for you. You want something that a lot of shady businesses want. And one thing there is no shortage of, are companies more legit than you who need merchant processing as well. I've dealt a lot in high risk merchanting, I still do. I run merchant accounts right now that sustain 6% chargeback ratio and still keep on going. But I'd never set up an account for you. Just letting you know.

doublespaces, Mar 29, 2016 IP
  6. JDMS

JDMS Greenhorn

Best Answers:
    I don't know if Stripe.com (merchant account) would be available but they seem to accept the Belize Dollar. Worth checking with them.

JDMS, Apr 2, 2016 IP
  7. ebayfire

ebayfire Peon

Best Answers:
    If you are a normal, legal, registered company then you can approach your local banks in Belize. Outline your business plan and your projections to them and see how it goes.

ebayfire, Apr 3, 2016 IP
  8. evelinawilliams007

evelinawilliams007 Notable Member

Best Answers:
    Articles:
    Bitcoin is safe and anonymous but what if you'll see a huge market crash?

I'd go with Visa/Master card, Wire payment, Payoneer is also a good choice, basically you have an account in a financial paradise I think it's Belize the bank name is Choice Bank Limited. I have about 5 credit cards from them and never had a problem. I am not sure what's all the negative talking about that tey might steal money from your accounts. Never happened to me, or some other 200 something people that I know use payoneer.

OneCoin is another option, I am not sure how it can be implemented, the downside for now is that it is in fact a MLM scheme. Not a scam I have received dozens of payments from them already.

evelinawilliams007, Apr 18, 2016 IP
  9. etc

etc Well-Known Member

Best Answers:
    bitcoin is one hell of your option there are already APIs available particularly those processors like bitpay which is used by merchants these days as well.

etc, Apr 26, 2016 IP
  10. Brads

Brads Peon

Best Answers:
    Hi! Dear krombopmichael,
    Today several different online payment processing companies are developed and worked for high-risk merchant accounts. I suggest you to first of all readout all the reviews of top payment processing companies.

Brads, May 2, 2016 IP
  11. PerformanceCard

PerformanceCard Peon

Best Answers:
    As some others mentioned, you will only be able to get an aggregate account with your Belizean corp. I would say it would be a good idea to open a corp in another jurisdiction like the EU, but that still wouldn't help you due to the nature of your business (nootropics company). Although still legal in most areas, nootropics are not support by the card associations (V/MC). So anything you find is going to be aggregated and you will risk losing the account due to the performance of other merchants sharing it with you.

Your local Belize bank will not offer you an ecommerce account for nootropic sales
    Stripe - does not support nootropics
    Bitcoin - is great but its likely that only 1-10% of your customer base uses this

Other options would be WU or money order but neither are ideal. Good luck!

PerformanceCard, May 12, 2016 IP
  12. PaySec

PaySec Member

Best Answers:
    Hi, not sure if you still looking. We are a payment solutions for high risk accounts but not sure what kind of requirement/needs?

PaySec, Jul 14, 2016 IP
  13. iwebsocial

iwebsocial Well-Known Member

Best Answers:
    You can try CCBILL. They are one of the best high risk payment processor. You can sign up with them. Bitcoin is also a good option.

iwebsocial, Dec 15, 2016 IP
  14. Sergey Rankovskiy

Sergey Rankovskiy Peon

Best Answers:
    Hello everyone.
    I partner with many payment service providers, that accept all kinds of high-risk business structures.
    Businesses without legal entities and licenses are also acceptable.
    Hit me up via Telegram and we will discuss your project and help you with onboarding: @serg_rankovskiy

Sergey Rankovskiy, Jul 25, 2022 IP