1. Advertising
    y u no do it?

Advertising (learn more)

Advertise virtually anything here, with CPM banner ads, CPM email ads and CPC contextual links. You can target relevant areas of the site and show ads based on geographical location of the user if you wish.

Starts at just $1 per CPM or $0.10 per CPC.

High PR but low traffic - What can be done?

Discussion in 'Search Engine Optimization' started by EnvironmentAbout, Oct 29, 2011.

So here is the issue

My blog (Environment About) has grown up to PR3 but the traffic remain same as one year before. I have everything SEO experts recommend you to do. I write quality and original content, I write quite often, I build quality backlinks by submitting articles to directories and forum posting etc etc.. But all these things have only helped me boost my blog PR. But the traffic remains the same.

What can I do to increase my web traffic??

EnvironmentAbout, Oct 29, 2011 IP
  2. jdr8271

jdr8271 Member

Best Answers:
    What methods are you using to build links? I wouldn't worry about your PR. Just keep building quality links and adding new pages to your site and you should see gradual improvements in your rankings over time.

jdr8271, Oct 30, 2011 IP
  3. lifeplayer

lifeplayer Notable Member

Best Answers:
    that's simple, spend some money on PPC advertising, sure it will boost your traffic

lifeplayer, Oct 30, 2011 IP
  4. fir3143

fir3143 Banned

Best Answers:
    I think the best solution you must write more contents. And be sure that your content will bring your readers to your blog! :)

fir3143, Oct 30, 2011 IP
  5. jasmine lane

jasmine lane Peon

Best Answers:
    Do one thing.You should do more bookmarks and yahoo answers as well as blogs also

jasmine lane, Oct 31, 2011 IP
  6. webdev007

webdev007 Active Member

Best Answers:
    One reason or low SERP (as well as the low traffic) could be the bounce rate. First check the bounce rate of your blog, if too high that means your contents are not appealing or valuable for your visitors and they don't like to come back or recommend it further .

webdev007, Oct 31, 2011 IP
  7. shawoon98

shawoon98 Member

Best Answers:
    I hope you've done your research well before choosing your niche. Needless to say that google keyword tool alone isn't good enough. From my experience, no of global searches was 4000 and my site was #1. But the traffic volume was less than 400/month. In this kind of cases, link building won't work.

If you think you need keyword research again, use traffic travis seo analysis tool and find the no of links in competitor's sites. More the no of links, more profitable the keyword is.

If your current keyword doesn't bring traffic, find new sets and post articles on those keywords and optimize your site for those keywords as well.

shawoon98, Oct 31, 2011 IP
  8. aasna

aasna Guest

Best Answers:
    My problem just opposite to this person... my site pr is 0 but traffic good

aasna, Nov 1, 2011 IP
  9. stephan.radiator

stephan.radiator Peon

Best Answers:
    Do Social Networking

stephan.radiator, Nov 1, 2011 IP
  10. makobex

makobex Active Member

Best Answers:
    try to submit your content to social bookmarking like facebook, twitter, stumbleupon.......

makobex, Nov 1, 2011 IP
  11. EnvironmentAbout

EnvironmentAbout Peon

Best Answers:
    I do keyword research often and write article on them, but the problem is my articles do not come up high in SERP. I have done probably everything suggested by different SEO gurus, but nothing is working for me. Now a days I am writing for article directories and doing forum posting in high PR forums related to my nitch in the hope of building quality backlinks so that maybe in future I get some return!!

EnvironmentAbout, Nov 1, 2011 IP
  12. BrianMI6

BrianMI6 Peon

Best Answers:
    You're not going to be able to get significant traffic from the keyword "environment about" because it's a low-traffic keyword.

I just checked it in the Keyword Tool and the "Exact Match" metrics (the only ones that really count) say that only 140 people are typing in that keyword every month. The "Broad Match" metrics are junk. It's a blend of the search volume for the terms "enviornment" and "about"....both of which are going to be punched in a blazillion times but, as you can see by exact match, are pretty much never punched in together.

You need a new keyword to target cowboy. You need to find something that is getting about 3,000 searches per month on "Exact Match" and has a CPC price of about $2.00 or more AND you need to check the top ten for that keyword with a tool like Market Samurai to see if you have a chance of taking a Top Spot.

If you think you can break through to the top of the first page and the traffic is more than 3,000 searches per month on Exact Match, then you can still work with it if the CPC for the keyword is lower. e.g. if the traffic is 6,000 p/month, than you can make it work if the CPC is $1.00 instead of two. Doesn't really work the other way well though...because Google tends to cap high-paying keywords. Stuff they'll charge $15.00 p/click on their results page will often only pay out at $3.50 or so for an adsense click coming from your site. It's tricky to find high-dollar adsense clicks....that's why traffic is better. Lots of traffic at lower click values tends to work better than lower traffic at (fake) higher click values.

If you can find a CPA campaign or other monetization that doesn't have this restriction, then you might be able to make it work with lower traffic that has more value per click....it's just that adsense doesn't really like to pay out $10.00 p/click to anyone. They throttle that stuff back.

BrianMI6, Nov 1, 2011 IP
  13. Anna Howard

Anna Howard Peon

Best Answers:
    Either go for and avail the services of SMO from any internet marketing company in order to go for and boasting the traffic for your website. If you are on a tight budget then go for and target networks of social media for traffic.

Anna Howard, Nov 1, 2011 IP
  14. islandseo2011

islandseo2011 Guest

Best Answers:
    Get busy on social media. Create relevant blog posts around your set keywords. Connect with important bloggers in your field. Syndicate your content. Do social networking. Do email newsletter to your subscribed blog audience every time you launch a new post.

islandseo2011, Nov 1, 2011 IP