1. Advertising
    y u no do it?

Advertising (learn more)

Advertise virtually anything here, with CPM banner ads, CPM email ads and CPC contextual links. You can target relevant areas of the site and show ads based on geographical location of the user if you wish.

Starts at just $1 per CPM or $0.10 per CPC.

High CTR, suspect invalid clicks, should I report or does that make me a target?

Discussion in 'AdSense' started by Ajack, Jan 22, 2012.

Hello,

I am looking for some advice here.

I started a few ad campaigns and got great response, nice bump in revenue, but the next day I also noticed that my Adsense CTR went from around 0.2% to around 7%. The amount of clicks was also high, from around 20 per day to 3000 (granted with a LOT more page views).

This seemed unusually high so I suspected some invalid clicks in the process, and I tried to figure out if one of the sources was sending bad traffic, but I could not figure out for sure and got a bit worried so I shut down the campaigns.

I am not sure what to do next.

1) Should I report these suspected invalid clicks to Google Adsense? It seemed logical but I found many horror stories online where people report invalid clicks just to find themselves disabled a couple days later.

2) Should I let Google figure out what is invalid and what is not

Any advice would be most welcome.

Ajack

Last edited: Jan 22, 2012
    Ajack, Jan 22, 2012 IP