1. Advertising
    y u no do it?

Advertising (learn more)

Advertise virtually anything here, with CPM banner ads, CPM email ads and CPC contextual links. You can target relevant areas of the site and show ads based on geographical location of the user if you wish.

Starts at just $1 per CPM or $0.10 per CPC.

High CPU usage after search

Discussion in 'Facebook' started by yong321, Feb 21, 2017.

Sometimes I do a keyword search for postings. The result page causes very high CPU or freezes the browser. Is there a solution?

To reproduce: go to for instance https://www.facebook.com/cnn/posts/ and type a word in "search for posts on this Page". You can launch Task Manager to check CPU Usage.

yong321, Feb 21, 2017 IP
  2. Dana C. Beck

Dana C. Beck Active Member

Best Answers:
    I guess my first question would be what browser are you using? While Google Chrome is really popular, every time you click on a link in Chrome it opens up a new occurrence of Chrome which can slow down your surfing speed a great deal. So you could invariably have multiple instances of Chrome running all at the same time. The other thing may be to clear your cache on a regular basis perhaps. I occasionally will have some slowness with Facebook but it's usually only for a brief moment and typically doesn't last long (10 - 15 seconds on average).

Also, do a Google search for Facebook pages freezing and you will probably find some additional help there as well.
    All the best!

Dana C. Beck, Feb 21, 2017 IP