1. Advertising
    y u no do it?

Advertising (learn more)

Advertise virtually anything here, with CPM banner ads, CPM email ads and CPC contextual links. You can target relevant areas of the site and show ads based on geographical location of the user if you wish.

Starts at just $1 per CPM or $0.10 per CPC.

High Capacity Google API Key

Discussion in 'Google API' started by nevetS, May 1, 2005.

I was just checking out googlealert.com (different than regular google alerts)

and reading their FAQ:

I wonder if google wouldn't be willing to provide DP with a high capacity API Key so that we can save our thousand queries / day for other google api projects.

I wasn't aware that Google actually did anything like that before, but since they do, it might be worth checking out.

nevetS, May 1, 2005 IP
  2. nullbit

nullbit Peon

Best Answers:
    I might be mistaken but I think googlealert.com existed before Google introduced their own "Google Alerts." Maybe some sort of deal was struck to grant Google the rights to the idea, or simply a sign gratitude from Google.

nullbit, May 1, 2005 IP
  3. john_loch

john_loch Rodent Slayer

Best Answers:
    Google staff do have a certain 'latitude' when it comes to development initiatives. Their own culture encourages exploration of new ideas, especially those related to information organization concepts.

You never know - if Shawn asked for one in specific terms, and explained that it would be used exclusively by DP for evolution of new toolsets that leverage Google's existing and *emerging* technologies, they might accommodate him.

Of course I'm only in a position to speculate, but DP wouldn't be the only one to gain from it. And Shawn certainly wouldn't be the first to make such arrangements with Google.

Perhaps it's worth a try, though the actual approach would have to be made by Shawn as the author of the toolsets utilizing the provisional key.

Just my 2 cents worth. :)

Cheers,

JL

john_loch, May 1, 2005 IP