1. Advertising
    y u no do it?

Advertising (learn more)

Advertise virtually anything here, with CPM banner ads, CPM email ads and CPC contextual links. You can target relevant areas of the site and show ads based on geographical location of the user if you wish.

Starts at just $1 per CPM or $0.10 per CPC.

hide original video file locations

Discussion in 'C#' started by ludwig, Jun 29, 2007.

Hi everyone.

Soon I am thinking to develop one of my domains. the domain is sexy.am
    What I have in mind is to put online a bunch of sexy video clips, but here comes a problem. I don't want other people to know the source of the files or to download them to their computer, as I am going to spend a lot of time on gathering these videos.

What do you think what is the best way to do this?

I am thining of creating lets say adfgsdf3g8454asdf5.avi in some TEMP folder and write the filename in a table, later when every time users try to view a clip I delete any file that is older than 2 days, so I keep the original files untouched and noone will ever guess their original location, bt this way I will still have the problem when users/webmasters try to copy the content

ludwig, Jun 29, 2007 IP
  2. N_F_S

N_F_S Active Member

Best Answers:
    I dont see any difference between your original file and adfgsdf3g8454asdf5.avi in temp folder ? It will be 2 identical files, with different filenames, that's all.

Best way to go is integrate it in Flash player.

N_F_S, Jun 30, 2007 IP
  3. ludwig

ludwig Notable Member

Best Answers:
    Do you know how its done in Flash, I have a friend who is a really good flash developer and he can help me out in that

ludwig, Jun 30, 2007 IP
  4. N_F_S

N_F_S Active Member

Best Answers:
    I dont really know much about Flash....I had an idea to do it too, but then forgot about that project. Ask your friend, you need ActionScript knowledge in this.

N_F_S, Jun 30, 2007 IP
  5. ludwig

ludwig Notable Member

Best Answers:
    OK thanks a lot for your help

ludwig, Jun 30, 2007 IP
  6. dizzy

dizzy Peon

Best Answers:
    Which language are you using to program your site.

If you're using .NET, you can use a single page to accept a query string with the ID of your video.

The page would then find the video file, read it & write it out as binary straight to the browser.

This also works for images.
    Plus you can detect if it's linked from other sites & prevent it.

dizzy, Jul 16, 2007 IP
  7. ludwig

ludwig Notable Member

Best Answers:
    unfortunately I use Classic ASP

ludwig, Jul 17, 2007 IP
  8. dizzy

dizzy Peon

Best Answers:

It should work for Classic ASP too.

You should be able to read the binary of a file & do a Response.BinaryWrite of it.

Before you BinaryWrite..you have to set the Response.ContentType of the ASP page to avi, mpg or whatever format the file is in.

dizzy, Jul 19, 2007 IP
  9. ludwig

ludwig Notable Member

Best Answers:
    Sorry for such a late reply. I was too busy with work. Now I'll find some time to work on the project and hopefully will succeed

Thanks for the idea

ludwig, Jul 24, 2007 IP
  10. ccoonen

ccoonen Well-Known Member

Best Answers:
    Exactly as dizzy stated - First have all the videos as BLOBS in a DB. this will make all your vids enumeratable and dynamic (and can restrict "non-allowed" users). Second, create a wrapper flash element that's going "_root.loadMovie("http://www.smashingdir.com/?id=345"). 345 is associated in the dB. when 345 is executed, it will dynamically write out the flash content to the browser as a .flv (which the flash file accepts as a vid), no physical file will ever exist on the server - just blobs pushing when requested directly to the buffer.

IF you want to take that a step further, you can build your own encryption schema and base it on a "shared secret" and a dyanmic value that no one will ever know - maybe the current data reversed or something?

Something that generates in flash id=1039802XJKJD#10983J:KAJ';'ajdfjd@!J@FJ - which only your Flash and Server-Side language know how to interpret as the value 345.

Another thing to remember - ALL flash files are decompilable (and I mean All!) So another slick thing to do for protection is have your flash file use this encryption schema to load the "actual" flash file: so...

your main first flash file would load and include this flash file "content.swf?id=jajSJDFKJF@(IFJ(@#!1390320932$L@" - which is enterpreted to BoyDoIRule8/2/2007 as the key - it uses this key to decrypt where the actual flash location. Why is this protected? because no one knows that it will only work with a key on the same day or +-1 hour so if you decrypted the key to BoyDoIRule8/2/2007 - that key wouldn't work the next day...

- Well... that's enough for my rant, I'm out :)

ccoonen, Aug 2, 2007 IP
  11. ludwig

ludwig Notable Member

Best Answers:
    Thanks ccoonen, I just wanted to green you but I am not allowed, lately I have already greened you :)

Since I am too busy with my company works I cannot manage doing it myself, a PHP spec will do it and he said he will do it with URL rewriting or some other method and promised to make the source hidden. I will pass him your post also

Thanks again for your help

ludwig, Aug 5, 2007 IP
  12. ccoonen

ccoonen Well-Known Member

Best Answers:
    Good luck with that ludwig :) Hope it gets protected good and tight - if you want someone to "test" the security of the video locations - drop me a msg and I'll see how tight she is ;)

ccoonen, Aug 6, 2007 IP