1. Advertising
    y u no do it?

Advertising (learn more)

Advertise virtually anything here, with CPM banner ads, CPM email ads and CPC contextual links. You can target relevant areas of the site and show ads based on geographical location of the user if you wish.

Starts at just $1 per CPM or $0.10 per CPC.

Hidden url for download

Discussion in 'C#' started by chippi, Feb 14, 2006.

Hello everyone ,

I'm coding a download system with ASP. I want to hide the URLs of the files and I want to allow only my members to download the files. I'm using these codes ;

Set FSO = Server.CreateObject("Scripting.FileSystemObject")
    Set XFile = FSO.GetFile(Path)
    Set TS=FSO.OpenTextFile(XFile)
    Response.ContentType="application/unknown"
    Response.AddHeader "Content-Disposition", "attachment; filename=" & FileName
    Response.BinaryWrite TS.readall & ""
    TS.Close
    Set TS=Nothing
    Set XFile=Nothing
    Set FSO=Nothing

' FileName points the system path of the file.

But members download the files in a few seconds but there are some errors. For example 30mb. file downloads as a 1Kb.

I cannot understand reason of this error. What can I do or do you know another secure download system that permit unknown visitors to download files?

and the problems are occured just while downloading the video files (asf,wmw,mpeg). there are no problem while downloadind zip files.

chippi, Feb 14, 2006 IP
  2. chippi

chippi Peon

Best Answers:
    I have just found an article that's related about this problem. i couldnt tyr it yet but I'll integrate this solution into my system today and I'll write here the results.

chippi, Feb 14, 2006 IP