1. Advertising
    y u no do it?

Advertising (learn more)

Advertise virtually anything here, with CPM banner ads, CPM email ads and CPC contextual links. You can target relevant areas of the site and show ads based on geographical location of the user if you wish.

Starts at just $1 per CPM or $0.10 per CPC.

Hidden Spam Links on Joomla Site - Help!

Discussion in 'Joomla' started by LessThanNovice, Aug 11, 2012.

Hi,

First post and I'm really not proficient in Joomla at all, so apologies in advance if I get anything wrong!

Info: Joomla 1.5.24
    Apache

Google informs me that the site in question is linking to spam content. Another site (I don't know if I'm allowed name it) offering free scans etc. gave me the link so a Google "site:" search enabled me to find the two pages of the site that were linking to the spam content.

The "site:" search results show the title of the two pages (one of which is an article with just a scanned image and the other seems to be blank with just a "More articles" link) and in the description it shows content from the spam site linked to.

When I view the pages from the front-end, they look fine and I can't see any outbound links. When I view the one with the scanned image from the Article Manager it look fine. 1 line of code and nothing odd in the description etc. The other page, I'm not sure how to even begin looking for from the back-end.

The site uses CPanel but I just don't know where to look! Also, the site was hacked months ago so I can't even say for definite that the changes, whatever they are, are recent.

Any ideas? Thank you so much in advance.

LessThanNovice, Aug 11, 2012 IP
  2. amritdhakalad

amritdhakalad Member

Best Answers:
    Can you PM me link to pages of your site that you know contains the link to spam content?

amritdhakalad, Aug 11, 2012 IP
  3. LessThanNovice

LessThanNovice Peon

Best Answers:
    Hi Amrit,

Sent you a PM, thanks for trying to help, I really appreciate it :)

LessThanNovice, Aug 12, 2012 IP
  4. LessThanNovice

LessThanNovice Peon

Best Answers:
    Problem hopefully solved, thanks to Amrit,

It seems the Google descriptions etc. are just outdated cache copies from back when the site was hacked and spam was inserted.

Thanks a million Amrit for taking the time to help!

LessThanNovice, Aug 12, 2012 IP
  5. manojkp

manojkp Member

Best Answers:
    Hey Amrit,
    I have same problem here. I mean I have a joomla website and when I googled with site:mysitename.com it showing me 10,000+ pages caches from google, but I have only 50 - 60 pages. But those pages are showing like: mysite.com/x1.html, mysite.com/x2.html and those links from my web pages (hidden content with some spammy content). Also it's showing in my menu options.

Please help me..

manojkp, Aug 16, 2013 IP
  6. VideoWhisper.com

VideoWhisper.com Well-Known Member

Best Answers:
    Digital Goods:
    Include a sample url if you need anybody to take a look and see what's exactly happening.

VideoWhisper.com, Aug 25, 2013 IP
  7. manojkp

manojkp Member

Best Answers:
    Ok,
    Here is my url cympac . com
    Please go google search and write: site:cympac.com , see how many pages are showing 1.html, 2.html, 3.html and go to cache option check there are hidden contents.
    Please advice how to remove those.

manojkp, Aug 29, 2013 IP