1. Advertising
    y u no do it?

Advertising (learn more)

Advertise virtually anything here, with CPM banner ads, CPM email ads and CPC contextual links. You can target relevant areas of the site and show ads based on geographical location of the user if you wish.

Starts at just $1 per CPM or $0.10 per CPC.

Hidden Links

Discussion in 'Co-op Advertising Network' started by a389951l, Dec 23, 2004.

1. ThomaSeidler

ThomaSeidler Peon

Best Answers:
    OK, tell me if my ad as placed in http://www.thegoodbook.co.uk is 'hidden' or not. I don't think so, but let know what you think. I'm mean I've set it to be always slightly offscreen, but not invisible, should you wish to scroll to it (bottom right by the way). The ads used to be more visible, but customers got upset when links to Sexy Costumes, www.hustlerpanties.com; Gothic Pendants (www.darkpassions.co.uk) appeared, so in order to keep the ads on my company site, I've had to make them a little subtle - not hidden, just a little subtle heh?

I'm being upfront about this cos I don't wish to breach the TOS, but as in another post I said, I can't have people browsing for Christian books for kids and having links I would deam as contextually exceedingly inappropriate - so I'm just making it clearer that they are unaffiliated links...

The ideal would be to have a kind of sanitised links option, but more complex for Shawn & co, and what is sanistised, I mean to us a Christian book firm, a link to pendants with pentagrams on his unacceptable, but I guess to most its fine, and just a part of design... maybe. Anyway, so I hope this is an acceptable middle ground.

whaddya think? :confused:

peace,

tom

ThomaSeidler, Mar 17, 2005 IP
  2. Sorvoja

Sorvoja Don't hide my ads!

Best Answers:
    In my opinion the ads at http://www.thegoodbook.co.uk are hidden.
    It is possible to see the link ofcourse, but it appears like the webmaster don't want the ads to be clicked at.

I would not buy an ad hidden in the corner, in a color that similar to the background. It is very unfair that some websites try to cheat the network of traffic in this way.

We need some rules about ad formating and placements. This practise must end.

If a website is afraid of sending traffic to other websites in the network then they should not have joined. If Sexy Costumes, www.hustlerpanties.com Gothic Pendants (www.darkpassions.co.uk) are unacceptable for some web sites visitors then perhaps that web site should leave the network.

Sorvoja, Mar 17, 2005 IP
    fryman likes this.
  3. fryman

fryman Kiss my rep

Best Answers:
    where are they? I can't even see them

fryman, Mar 17, 2005 IP
  4. nevetS

nevetS Evolving Dragon

Best Answers:
    Lower right hand corner. 1 link, almost the same grey as the background.

Technically within the rules? Questionable at best.

On his product pages, like http://www.thegoodbook.co.uk/Bible-Reading/Adult/Daily-Reading-Bible/id-drbs
    it stands out a little more.

I don't know. I might send the guy a note if I were Shawn, but booting him isn't called for IMO.

Nevermind... I came into the thread late. The violator is NOT thegoodbook.co.uk

nevetS, Mar 17, 2005 IP
    fryman likes this.
  5. Design Agent

Design Agent Peon

Best Answers:
    I read you asking in another forum about how to hide the links.. dont bother. Full stop

Design Agent, Apr 10, 2005 IP
  6. l234244

l234244 Peon

Best Answers:
    and the point in bumping this thread up was...................................

l234244, Apr 10, 2005 IP