1. Advertising
    y u no do it?

Advertising (learn more)

Advertise virtually anything here, with CPM banner ads, CPM email ads and CPC contextual links. You can target relevant areas of the site and show ads based on geographical location of the user if you wish.

Starts at just $1 per CPM or $0.10 per CPC.

Hidden link being created by database

Discussion in 'Databases' started by EnergyEnthusiast, Feb 25, 2007.

I recently installed some directory software from jadetown.com. A database is used to store listing details and produce static pages. When I click "process" the static pages in the directory are updated from the database.

Everything works great except for one thing. When the database creates the pages, it includes a link at the bottom outside the </html> tag. This is causing W3C validation problems. This is what gets published (on the bottom of every page):

</html>
    <a href="http://www.jadetown.com" style="display: none; visibility: hidden;">Powered by Jade</a>​

Obviously the jadetown website has no info on this, and their forums have long been flooded with spam. The project creator is no longer involved. I've searched all of the files associated for bits of text from the link and come up with nothing. I also searched the database using php myadmin and I can't find anything. Searches for things like "jadetown" come up empty.

Does anyone know how this link is being created, or what else I could look for? I have no problem giving link credit to the author but this hidden link is driving me nuts.... I like all my code to validate. Any help would be so appreciated!

EnergyEnthusiast, Feb 25, 2007 IP
  2. Ballz

Ballz Well-Known Member

Best Answers:
    Have never used the above software in question. Wouldn't such a link be hard coded into the template itself? check the template files..

Ballz, Feb 25, 2007 IP
  3. EnergyEnthusiast

EnergyEnthusiast Peon

Best Answers:
    Thanks...

I have checked all of the template files thoroughly. I have run full-text searches on all of the physical files on the server. I'm so stumped....

EnergyEnthusiast, Feb 25, 2007 IP
  4. maiahost

maiahost Guest

Best Answers:
    Simply download the database (if you have phpmyadmin) and do a search using wordpad/notepad to see where the entry is. Or view the file that creates the output and remove all code after the </html>

maiahost, Feb 25, 2007 IP