1. Advertising
    y u no do it?

Advertising (learn more)

Advertise virtually anything here, with CPM banner ads, CPM email ads and CPC contextual links. You can target relevant areas of the site and show ads based on geographical location of the user if you wish.

Starts at just $1 per CPM or $0.10 per CPC.

Hi, need review of my site: ahaposts.com

Discussion in 'Websites' started by donnareiswig, Mar 8, 2013.

Hi, need review of my site: ahaposts.com. I will be glad to hear any suggestions ) Thanks a lot!

donnareiswig, Mar 8, 2013 IP
  2. armour16

armour16 Greenhorn

Best Answers:
    seems nice i like it

armour16, Mar 9, 2013 IP
  3. kenzo22

kenzo22 Member

Best Answers:
    It's ok to me, I didn't spot anything annoying ;)

kenzo22, Mar 9, 2013 IP
  4. DarkyLT

DarkyLT Well-Known Member

Best Answers:
    Something is wrong with the design, because two video players (army pushups, and some kid videos) are overlapping for me.

DarkyLT, Mar 11, 2013 IP
  5. deathshadow

deathshadow Acclaimed Member

Best Answers:
    Inaccessible fixed width layout, absurdly undersized fixed metric (px) fonts, illegible color contrasts in some places like the white-on-green menu... so it's useless to a LOT of users.

It's painful to watch load (go get some coffee and come back) from being built from too many files and/or too many articles (and their images) per page. Not surprising at an ungoldy 4.6 MEGABYTES in an even scarier 1,212 files!!! -- 1,048 of those files coming to over two megabytes being separate little scripts for **** only knows what. The 630k of CSS (five times the upper limit I've ever seen for an ENTIRE forum software, likely twenty times what's needed for some goofy little blog) sure as shine-ola isn't helping.

The markup is the usual off the shelf joomla crap. IE conditionals for nothing, proudly proclaiming on the first like to be in transition from 1997 to 1998 coding practices, static CSS inlined, static scripting inlined, nothing remotely resembling semantic markup, gibberish use of numbered heading tags, endless pointless DIV for nothing, endless pointless classes for nothing, pointless comments that could be tripping rendering errors in IE and FF, clearing DIV like it's still 2001, SPAN doing numbered heading's job... it's not exactly a shocker it's wasting 122k of markup on a mere 7.4k of plaintext and 26 actual content images -- easily six to ten times as much code as should have been used on such a simple layout.

Throw it out and start over, there's nothing worth salvaging from it.

deathshadow, Mar 11, 2013 IP