1. Advertising
    y u no do it?

Advertising (learn more)

Advertise virtually anything here, with CPM banner ads, CPM email ads and CPC contextual links. You can target relevant areas of the site and show ads based on geographical location of the user if you wish.

Starts at just $1 per CPM or $0.10 per CPC.

Hi, I've joined because...

Discussion in 'Introductions' started by Towelfox, Mar 19, 2015.

?

Is this something you think you could use?

1. Yes

0 vote(s)
    0.0%
  2. No

0 vote(s)
    0.0%
  3. I have no idea and now I'm confused

0 vote(s)
    0.0%
    Hi,

I'm new, as you can see. I am a php developer and marketer and I am here because I want to tell you about something I am doing. No links, not selling anything (yet), I just want to get some understanding as to whether you think what I am doing has any merit.

I know a lot of people use wordpress to post offers, links etc etc, but I don't really like to do that, I just don't like wordpress actually. I use the OctoberCMS platform which is Laravel5 based and is very easy to work with. What I have done is created a plugin for the platform which is complete but as yet unreleased. Its purpose is to replicate an e-commerce solution but for affiliated products/offers/surveys (whatever you like, they are all referred to as products within the platform).

All products have a product type (defaults are product, competition, survey) and you can add your own, so you might add loans, credit cards - Whatever types of products you want to promote.

Products also belong in categories and they can also be tagged.

Every product can have multiple links (this is where it gets more interesting, imo). I've done that so that we can use geotargetting. Small example, you use the plugin to list some amazon products and you know that a product is available on the USA site and the UK site so you create appropriate geotarget groups which targets people in those countries and shows them the same sales page but with the appropriate links for their area. You can have a catch-all geogroup as well, so anyone not matching could be sent somewhere else or to the USA amazon.

Secondary example, you've got a few dating offers in one niche but they all have different target audiences, so again, each offer gets its own link within a single product. The sales copy for each might be the same but you want to move the right people to the right offer. This does that so you need only promote one link (your sites product (landing) page)

The plugin has an integrated article section, like a blog, which supports multi part posts within a single post via ajax loading. Naturally, you can attach products to articles and also to 'article pages' within the article so it helps out with writing product reviews.

There's a bit more to it but you get the gist. Also, It supports memcached and has sitemap and dropdown menu support so theming around it is a doddle of you know a bit of php and twig.

One last bit, I like writing code to interact with API's so this plugin updates details like prices, availability etc. API stuff for some networks is complete, others to follow.

So thanks for reading, I know it's a bit more than an introduction but it is why I'm here.

Any thoughts, feedback or feature suggestions are more than welcome.

Cheers,
    Rob

Towelfox, Mar 19, 2015 IP