1. Advertising
    y u no do it?

Advertising (learn more)

Advertise virtually anything here, with CPM banner ads, CPM email ads and CPC contextual links. You can target relevant areas of the site and show ads based on geographical location of the user if you wish.

Starts at just $1 per CPM or $0.10 per CPC.

Hi how to make search engine like google ?

Discussion in 'Programming' started by yagvendra, Nov 7, 2011.

1. RamCity

RamCity Peon

Best Answers:
    Magento & Search Engine! Man, you are too much. :D

Another Magento spammer!

RamCity, Dec 17, 2011 IP
  2. Holiday99

Holiday99 Member

Best Answers:
    There are two halves to this debate.
    1. Can you build a search engine like Google?
    2. Can you get people to use it?

So here are my answers:
    1. No chance of building a search engine like Google without millions of dollars. It is a giant piece of software with a giant database that has learned from user searches for years and years. However, you may be able to build something competitive if you have a simpler idea that simply works better. That's how Facebook beat all the social networks.
    2. If its really better, then yes, word can spread, just like it did for google when they beat alta vista etc. But several million dollars will help you start letting people know.

Holiday99, Dec 18, 2011 IP
  3. cogzidel

cogzidel Peon

Best Answers:
    how simply you ask a very difficult question,But still like ur enthusiasm, Most popular search engine is google,yahoo,MS Bing.. it needs first several million investment and you must maintain the server with lot of super computers

cogzidel, Dec 22, 2011 IP
  4. MetalAZ

MetalAZ Peon

Best Answers:
    Google's search results aren't that great any more (from my own personal experience), but they are known as the place to search for things (ie, "I'll Google that"). That will be harder to overcome than providing better search results. But indexing as much as they do as frequently as they do on the scale that they do would require a significant amount of resources.

MetalAZ, Dec 28, 2011 IP
  5. Holiday99

Holiday99 Member

Best Answers:
    I disagree - i think Google's results get better and better. However that does mean it's harder and harder to inflate your search ranking without good quality content

Holiday99, Dec 30, 2011 IP
  6. mmerlinn

mmerlinn Prominent Member

Best Answers:
    Not unreasonable at all. ALL of the OTHER posts are unreasonable.

It is the ONLY post in this thread that even ATTEMPTS to answer the OPs question, "Hi how to make search engine like google ?" NO ONE ELSE EVEN READ THE QUESTION and therefore NO ONE ELSE EVEN TRIED TO ANSWER THE QUESTION.

mmerlinn, Dec 30, 2011 IP
  7. saledomain

saledomain Greenhorn

Best Answers:
    I want to make a search engine like Google too. It's my long days intention. But What can I do? Because I am alone and have not enough budget for making search engine to beat Google. Bill Gates already spend huge amount Dollar to beat Google. I heard that they are also increase 10% ranking this year and Google decrease 10%. So it's their positive result.

Now I am waiting to make a Search Engine.

saledomain, Oct 13, 2012 IP
  8. jornes

jornes Peon

Best Answers:
    Hi Peon,
    Creating a search engine like Google is not easy task. But you can still do it if you are a talented person as Google has a lot.
    I'm interested in creating a brand new search engine, that's why i came to this forum.
    Please do not forget to share your search engine with all of us here once it is done and works.
    I can't wait to see it. Search engine like google i can't make it as i have only limited knowledge in php coding. I can only create a classified business listing.

Regards,
    Jornes

jornes, Oct 24, 2012 IP
  9. vita-admin

vita-admin Member

Best Answers:
    I appreciate your guts...! ;)

vita-admin, Oct 29, 2012 IP
  10. xuled

xuled Banned

Best Answers:
    I think it is very hard to make a search engine like google to do that you have to work really hard.

xuled, Oct 30, 2012 IP
  11. sam_pras

sam_pras Member

Best Answers:
    Be ready to invest $xxx,xxx in it. You can find tutorials for it, but just think for a moment if its worth it. Because u have already a lot of competition in it. Unless you want to develop a custom search engine, for example like search the fonts used in a pic., thats going to be a hit with webmasters for sure.

sam_pras, Nov 4, 2012 IP