1. Advertising
    y u no do it?

Advertising (learn more)

Advertise virtually anything here, with CPM banner ads, CPM email ads and CPC contextual links. You can target relevant areas of the site and show ads based on geographical location of the user if you wish.

Starts at just $1 per CPM or $0.10 per CPC.

Hi Everyone

Discussion in 'PHP' started by ChrisJ7, May 17, 2016.

1. PoPSiCLe

PoPSiCLe Illustrious Member

Best Answers:
    And again, it doesn't seem to contain any errors - I still believe the problem lies on the server, and/or the fact you're running on an IIS setup. I would, if I were you, try to change it to apache, and see if that changes anything.

PoPSiCLe, May 19, 2016 IP
  2. sarahk

sarahk iTamer Staff

Best Answers:
    I suspect he needs
    ini_set ( "SMTP", "websmtp.livemail.co.uk" );
    Code (markup):
    which is pretty crappy. mail is a core function and should be set up right in the hosting settings.

sarahk, May 19, 2016 IP
  3. ChrisJ7

ChrisJ7 Greenhorn

Best Answers:
    ok, let me try switching the site over to Linux from Windows, as the other site uses a form and works fine, will report back in the morning if the error persists, thank you both.

(UPDATE) it looks like the site has been moved, I have tried the form and there is NO error, first impressions seem to suggest that it was indeed because as I was new to web hosting I initially choose a Windows server instead of Linux, thank you for all the help I have one happy customer (my son) :)

Last edited: May 19, 2016
    ChrisJ7, May 19, 2016 IP
  4. PoPSiCLe

PoPSiCLe Illustrious Member

Best Answers:
    Yeah - probably some function call or path-syntax that doesn't work on Windows / IIS. As far as webservers go, unless you need ASP-pages, or some other very specific functionality, always go for Linux and Apache or Nginx (although for a beginner, Apache / LAMP-stack is probably the simplest/best option).

PoPSiCLe, May 19, 2016 IP
  5. ChrisJ7

ChrisJ7 Greenhorn

Best Answers:
    all seems to be working fine now, and the form even submits quicker, thank you so much for your help and your time, I hope I can be as useful to someone here in the future, best wishes, Chris.

ChrisJ7, May 20, 2016 IP