1. Advertising
    y u no do it?

Advertising (learn more)

Advertise virtually anything here, with CPM banner ads, CPM email ads and CPC contextual links. You can target relevant areas of the site and show ads based on geographical location of the user if you wish.

Starts at just $1 per CPM or $0.10 per CPC.

Hi, advice needed on selling software source code for full apps (windows)

Discussion in 'General Chat' started by Anton Y, May 13, 2018.

I have got around 40-50 full applications made with Visual Basic/Visual Studio with full source code. Some of the apps are very good at generating sales and sell well and I am changing career course so I would like to offer all my softwares including the full and only rights to all titles for one price but I am not sure where to place the advert, advice greatly appreciated.

Some examples of products:
    parental tools, Video converters, folder tools, icon tools, screenshot makers, thumbnail maker, webcam cctv to name just a couple...

in fact I also have plenty of premium titles too which come with full exclusive source code.
    thanks in advance

Anton Y, May 13, 2018 IP
  2. jrbiz

jrbiz Acclaimed Member

Best Answers:
    Well, if you want to sell this software on DP, you will need to either buy a Premium membership or get two more "Likes" to become an Established member. Then, you can post the software for sale on the Buy, Sell, Trade section.

jrbiz, May 18, 2018 IP
  3. Anton Y

Anton Y Member

Best Answers:
    thank you jrbiz for taking the time to reply to me that all I asked. I just wondered where is best to post to as theres not really a section for source codes

Anton Y, May 19, 2018 IP
  4. malky66

malky66 Acclaimed Member

Best Answers:
    malky66, May 19, 2018 IP
  5. Anton Y

Anton Y Member

Best Answers:
    No PLR shit, can't stand that crap. Yes I am the creator and they all come with full source code in Visual Studio format. Thank you I will take a look at that url...

The software I sell it not very large and an example is a cover printing software I made a couple of years ago its only a few kb in size, nothing too large so I cannot see a problem.

the cover printer is around 500kb in size,
    I did an icon editor/maker that's only 300k
    and ive done other windows apps even smaller - the smallest so far is only 97k which is nothing

Last edited by a moderator: May 21, 2018
    Anton Y, May 21, 2018 IP
  6. sarahk

sarahk iTamer Staff

Best Answers:
    Your main problem is getting people to install software these days, it's incredible how rarely I actually do that and now with the microsoft appstore taking away the risk people may be more averse. You are, however, able to provide sales info so that will take that hurdle out of the way.

I don't really understand why you're selling, if they're written then they should be a passive income that you need do nothing to.

sarahk, May 21, 2018 IP
  7. Anton Y

Anton Y Member

Best Answers:
    Hi Sarahk, thank you for taking the time to reply. I did not explain the software fully. None of my software requires it to be installed. It runs in memory and need no install at all, its small, works on any windows pc - even ones from 10 years ago and needs no installation.
    the main reason i'm selling is health reasons, I used to sell rebranded version of my titles but I had a health issue which started January 2016 and it knocked me for 6. as a result I want to spend more time with my son and i'm getting rid of everything, including my main pc etc...

Anton Y, May 21, 2018 IP
  8. Anton Y

Anton Y Member

Best Answers:
    the name I was looking for to describe them is 100% portable application

Anton Y, May 21, 2018 IP