1. Advertising
    y u no do it?

Advertising (learn more)

Advertise virtually anything here, with CPM banner ads, CPM email ads and CPC contextual links. You can target relevant areas of the site and show ads based on geographical location of the user if you wish.

Starts at just $1 per CPM or $0.10 per CPC.

Hey Shawn, imataion is best flattery.. MSN KWT

Discussion in 'Products & Tools' started by neterslandreau, Mar 15, 2005.

1. neterslandreau

neterslandreau Peon

Best Answers:
    This tool now tracks Yahoo positions as well.

neterslandreau, Mar 19, 2005 IP
    Design Agent likes this.
  2. neterslandreau

neterslandreau Peon

Best Answers:
    Sometimes, ignorance is bliss.

Checking my MSN rankings with MultiTrac this morning I found a number of keywords went from number 1 to off the charts. I saw similar drops in my Yahoo! rankings but not nearly as bad. At first I thought I uncovered a bug in my software but a manual check confirmed the tools results.

Damn you Neters Landreau! Now I have more carrots to chase after.

neterslandreau, Mar 22, 2005 IP
  3. sadcox66

sadcox66 Spirit Walker

Best Answers:
    I have tried the tool a number of times with no success (Another the reason this tread may be quite). I do not see the checkboxes someone mentioned in this tread.

sadcox66, Mar 22, 2005 IP
  4. neterslandreau

neterslandreau Peon

Best Answers:
    I am in the middle of some code revamping but it should still work.. I will try to make sure that my i's stay crossed and my t's dotted.

What was the failure?

5. Cyclops

Cyclops sensei

Best Answers:
    It seems to work for some keywords and not others.
    I can see I am number one at MSN for a keyword but with MultiTrac it is nowhere :( .
    It looks like it works for half of my keywords.

Cyclops, Mar 22, 2005 IP
  6. neterslandreau

neterslandreau Peon

Best Answers:
    Thanks for helping me figure this thing out..

What's wrong, at a geek level? I mean, get real particular with the problem so I can fix it and make the tool better. It's free and it only works as well as you make it..

7. neterslandreau

neterslandreau Peon

Best Answers:
    Time for an update on MultiTrac.

Yesterday, I spent a lot of time consolidating my code base and I rewrote my yahoo tracking subroutine in preps for the Check All function. After checking my own stats this morning, I realize how important that function is.. clicking on each keyword is a drag!

I also looked into my Add Keyword routine to see about fixing the problem TOPS30 reported. All I can say is I'll have it soon, buddy. My code is still kinda spaghetti :(

I want to thank everybody for helping me develop this tool. Your feedback has been invaluable!

neterslandreau, Mar 23, 2005 IP
  8. Cyclops

Cyclops sensei

Best Answers:
    I think it is working better now and now that I look closely maybe I was looking at terms in msn.uk instead of .com.

Which brings me to another question, why do terms show up in the top 5 for msn.com but I get n/a for the same terms at msn.uk :confused: .

Maybe I'm answering my own question but It looks like the search engines are showing results by location. If they are going in this direction then that is contrary to what the internet is about. If I am looking for blue widgets for example, I want the best, not the ones from around the corner, I want a worldwide appraisal.

I was searching for holiday destinations a few days ago and the adsense ads were showing results for where I live. I don't want to holiday here :D

Cyclops, Mar 23, 2005 IP
  9. neterslandreau

neterslandreau Peon

Best Answers:
    Thanks Cyclops :) Like I said, this tool is still very young and I know there are bugs both in my data storage and retrieval methods. I'm working feverishly at fixing them and making this tool more functional.
    That was exactly why I added in the msn.co.uk results (thanks Rounde!). I don't know the answer to your question as to why, I figure I'll just track the different results..

neterslandreau, Mar 23, 2005 IP
  10. Design Agent

Design Agent Peon

Best Answers:
    off post - but a large % of the reason why is because MSN is ranking according to host location... so co.uk and .com are different - I was ranking at 6 or 7 for Digitalpoint on msn.co.uk for a while, due to a link on my site

Design Agent, Mar 23, 2005 IP