1. Advertising
    y u no do it?

Advertising (learn more)

Advertise virtually anything here, with CPM banner ads, CPM email ads and CPC contextual links. You can target relevant areas of the site and show ads based on geographical location of the user if you wish.

Starts at just $1 per CPM or $0.10 per CPC.

Hey, could you share some thoughts on these tech companies? (Google-based question)

Discussion in 'Google' started by Beodog, Jul 21, 2015.

I'm a grad student (Media/interweb-based masters from Oxford uni) and I want to work with Google (in the UK or Europe), but there's a hiring freeze (in the particular office in Europe I'm looking at) til 2016. I would like to work for up to a year in a tech company in marketing/business, not the coding/engineering departments.

My question to you digital point denizens is: which of these companies, in your opinion, would sync the most with Google? In other words, which company would allow for the most transferable skills in terms of adspace/advertising jobs and business strategy?

The companies I'm looking at are:

Yahoo
    Intel
    Facebook
    Dell
    Vodafone,
    Three
    LinkedIn
    Accenture
    IBM
    Twitter
    AirBnB,
    Hubspot
    Amazon

I'm still a neophyte when it comes to the corporate world.

If you wanted to work in Google eventually, but needed to work elsewhere for a year or so, which of these companies would stand out, in your view? Any thoughts at all would be great!

Beodog, Jul 21, 2015 IP
  2. Jacob.k

Jacob.k Active Member

Best Answers:
    Yahoo maybe... they have new and fresh ideas. I doubt they'll every come close to google, but still, maybe this can be good choice.
    Social media... any of them.
    Amazon... they are huge and they are something like Google in their field :D

Jacob.k, Jul 24, 2015 IP
  3. bachtiar zulkifli

bachtiar zulkifli Member

Best Answers:
    I'll try to describe as long as I know and maybe it could be a choice about what should you do in the future...
    For the first, YAHOO
    Yahoo itself is a great company, the menu in the screen are very interesting, I think they try to develop to be a great website because there are many options in the menu that need some editor to make it well, but Yahoo itself is not popular like Google (as long as I know) because Google has kind a program that make easier to people want to use it and many more options than Yahoo, but about news and other appearance is the top I think than Google
    Second is Intel
    Intel is one of the most famous company in the world, many people want to work there, if you talk about Advertisiing this is the right place you must hire or I really recommend to you, but the only one problem you have to know as well, the competition to be as employee in this company is not easy as you think, you need to be having something different than the other that make Intel can be more popular, because you must know the only one of the competitor from Intel that is AMD, in the big and famouse Company AMD is number one
    Third is Facebook
    Facebook is one of the most famous site and social media in the world, many people make an advertising here (as long as I know) but for the detail I do not know, because I use it not as business but as personal user
    Fourth is Dell, Vodavone, O2
    Three of them is about hardware and Dell is one of the competitor of Intel and AMD, the desktop are very popular in Asia especially in Indonesia, but if you could join in one of them it is very good, because one of them that O2 is one of the Europe Football sponsor, like England, Spain, Italy, Japan, America, and many more, it is very good if you could join and be an employee
    Fifth is LinkEdin
    LinkEdin is kind of website that you can hire as employe...I ever joined in it...I met wonderful People with different opinion in discussing that I have never met in Twitter and Facebook, in this site you need talk ability so that your carrier not getting worse, because what you have to do is different that you think before, with different people with other thinking is making creative one
    Sixth is IBM
    IBM is an Old Company about Computer, the most powerful desktop that the only one can defeat in market of Dell, Intel, and AMD, until now, it is still popular in Asia and America also Europe too not easy to join here, you must be understand well or you won't be accepted
    and the last is Twitter
    definitely, I do not know well about this one and I have no intention to join about this site, but I red in the news this is very popular in America and Asia most Artist and Model use it, and it could be a market for you
    That is all as long as I know, and if there is some of mistakes from my explanation I am sorry for all deep my heart...I hope it can help you as reference and kind of decision what you do next

bachtiar zulkifli, Jul 24, 2015 IP
  4. Beodog

Beodog Peon

Best Answers:
    Many thanks! I appreciate it :)

Beodog, Jul 26, 2015 IP
  5. Salman Najeeb

Salman Najeeb Member

Best Answers:
    i think you should go for intel because its better then other

Salman Najeeb, Sep 9, 2015 IP