1. Advertising
    y u no do it?

Advertising (learn more)

Advertise virtually anything here, with CPM banner ads, CPM email ads and CPC contextual links. You can target relevant areas of the site and show ads based on geographical location of the user if you wish.

Starts at just $1 per CPM or $0.10 per CPC.

Hey, ArcticPro, come here and tell why you put images next to ypn ads?

Discussion in 'Publisher Network' started by happytreefriends, Sep 10, 2006.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. sarahk

sarahk iTamer Staff

Best Answers:
    What I don't understand, after reading all this drivel, is why you think we should be involved with the problem and why reporting it is a joke.

I report TOS abuses to the Adsense team regularly. I'd do the same with YPN if I came across them.

Whining to my mates isn't going to get things changed.
    Or is this blackmail?
    or a poorly executed attempt to drive more traffic to the site in question?

sarahk, Sep 12, 2006 IP
    slava likes this.
  2. Red Thunder

Red Thunder Peon

Best Answers:
    :rolleyes:

Red Thunder, Sep 12, 2006 IP
  3. slava

slava Peon

Best Answers:
    I lost all respect for ArcticPro that I once had, his posts about not posting images next to ads were aimed to help others yet his hypocritical actions sully his name.

First ArcticPro denied it, and lied to all of us that it was an old backup when numerous archived images and pages show they were there the entire time and numerous people testify of seeing the YPN ads by images.

Then I post a comment about his actions and he gives me negative rep and uses profane language.

Then ArcticPro makes fun of the English of another member. Not all of us are located in the US or another English speaking country. English may not be his native language, it is not my native language, although I learned young and perfected my grammar, he or she may not have done so. DigitalPoint is an international community and nobody should make fun of the English skills of another member.

Later ArcticPro had the nerve to call someone a hypocrite when he thought that their site is actually violating TOS, when in fact it had YPN approval.

You were a member here for 8 months now and made almost 700 posts. You had a good reputation in this community and now you have no reputation as a business man or person.

It’s people like you that forces ad networks to lower publisher rates. Why is everyone complaining that rates are decreasing, here’s the number one reason, because people like ArcticPro abuse YPN by violating the TOS. They are causing people to accidentally click on ads when they have no intention of doing so. This costs advertisers a lot of money and forces them to stop investing in YPN marketing. When advertisers don't buy ads we don't get paid as much.

The sad thing is your hurting not only other YPN users but also yourself. I received about $4/click average when I used YPN 6 months ago, now I average at about $0.50/click. That means you need 8 times the amount of clicks to maintain your prior revenue. If you didn't cheat the system and developed a legitimate site that targeted traffic to a niche and didn't confuse visitors into accidentally clicking ads, basically get clicks from people genuinely interested in the ads, and then you would need 8 times less clicks. And with a targeted site your CTR would be higher, so you’d need even less then 1/8th the traffic you get on the arcade.

In my final words of this post, I'd like to say that although you’re probably not going to actually listen to my reasoning in this post, and go on and continue on your ways, I will make a last ditch effort attempt to knock some sense into your brain. You are the cause of the problem, and you’re crippling your own income as well as others by being part of the problem. If you stop contributing to the problem then there won’t be a problem. And if there is no problem then everyone wins.

slava, Sep 12, 2006 IP
    sarahk, GRIM and routed11 like this.
  4. Ferrarislave

Ferrarislave Peon

Best Answers:
    Could not have said it better.

Ferrarislave, Sep 12, 2006 IP
    GRIM likes this.
  5. projectwinback

projectwinback Guest

Best Answers:
    Great post slava. Also, thanks for backing me up when articpro said my friend was violating YPN's TOS, when YPN said it was ok to do...

Thanks! :)

projectwinback, Sep 12, 2006 IP
    slava likes this.
  6. ArcticPro

ArcticPro Banned

Best Answers:
    I have been switching my server, I don't feel like explaining how DNS works, whether you believe me or not I don't care, I had an old backup, but whatever you can just go find someone else to attack at, I'm not the only one, when I did do it YPN allowed it, but that's none of your business, if I warned someone, I was just letting them know, they didn't have to remove them only if they wanted to, but man you guys are just like a pack of animals at feeding time, I feel bad that you had bad childhoods, but that cannot be replaced.

This forum rules! :)

Bump! More reds guys you guys are awesome... :D

Still waiting, come on more noobs bring it on! Love how you guys can't even mak sites on your own and let a brand new member ruin someone's credibility in one day, so sad, I don't even feel like defending something I never did..

Just bring some more reds, this place sucks now anyhow.

You guys will be in different shoes soon I bet with some new member spamming, have fun losers.

I have lost all respect for this forum and it's members, just last week I saw Shoemoney leave a guy a negative trader rank when he didn't even do a trade, yes I'll repeat that, when he didn't do a trade, freaking idiot, GOSH!

ArcticPro, Sep 12, 2006 IP
  7. bobisawsome7

bobisawsome7 Notable Member

Best Answers:
    you shouldn't think of yourself as better, ArcticPro...

bobisawsome7, Sep 12, 2006 IP
  8. ArcticPro

ArcticPro Banned

Best Answers:
    When can I get banned? I'm waiting, already deleted my settings, so I'm excited! :)

9. GeorgeB.

GeorgeB. Notable Member

Best Answers:
    Backpedalling is awesome :)

You also made a grammar mistake so you must be all the things you said about others here.

GeorgeB., Sep 12, 2006 IP
  10. Epson

Epson Peon

Best Answers:
    Epson, Sep 12, 2006 IP
  11. ArcticPro

ArcticPro Banned

Best Answers:
    What I don't understand you. I helped people, but I'm tired of this place, one asshole can make people believe anything, that's horrible and I don't give a shit about this place, I sold some sites here so I guess I'm good. :rolleyes:

Nope, sold it, thanks though for the backlink.

Elaborate.

<sarcasm>
    You Guys Rock!
    </sarcasm>

BUMP Again please.

My millions will heal my tears.... :D

12. Epson

Epson Peon

Best Answers:
    How come its still your YPN ad in there?

Epson, Sep 12, 2006 IP
  13. ArcticPro

ArcticPro Banned

Best Answers:
    You have no life do you? Man I feel bad for you! :eek::D:D:D

w00t! Fr33d0m fr135!i!i!

!i!i!!i!i!!i!i!!i!i!!i!i!!i!i!!i!i!!i!i!!i!i!!i!i!!i!i!!i!i!!i!i!!i!i!!i!i!!i!i!!i!i!!i!i!!i!i!!i!i!!i!i!!i!i!!i!i!

Almost at 700 omg!

Two more and I have 700 posts all to u guyz dudez!

SEVEN HUNDRED w00ts! Yayazzz WOOT

14. slava

slava Peon

Best Answers:
    You don't need to explain how DNS works because I operate a dozen servers and probably know way more about it then you.

As for the lame excuse of getting an old backup, why then is it that archived images of your site in July and August display Yahoo ads next to images?

I know for a fact that Yahoo had never allowed the placement of ads next to images because that would confuse the visitor. Since you never claimed that Yahoo gave you explicit permission to place ads next to images on your site I assume that you never received such permission from Yahoo. Therefore you were in violation of Yahoo TOS.

The fact that you even now after so many people accuse you of being a hypocrite and verify that you are violating the TOS still deny that you have done anything wrong shows how brainless you really are. Just apologize for your actions and admit that you were wrong in breaking the TOS.

I don’t mean to educate you here but you will find that admitting your own mistakes will get you farther in life and business then dancing around accusations against you. Everyone makes mistakes, I have made some, you have made some, all the members of this forum have made some at one point or another in their life, but what separated a wise man (or woman) from an idiot is the simple fact of owning up to your actions and taking responsibility. Nobody can force you to apologize but take my word for it, it will be in your best interest.

slava, Sep 12, 2006 IP
    ahkip likes this.
  15. GeorgeB.

GeorgeB. Notable Member

Best Answers:
    What does DNS propogating have to do with you being caught showing images next to your ads after telling others not to?

GeorgeB., Sep 12, 2006 IP
  16. epson123

epson123 Guest

Best Answers:
    What a damn idiot !

Not you Slava :)

epson123, Sep 12, 2006 IP
  17. Epson

Epson Peon

Best Answers:
    LOL, why are you using my username? :p

Epson, Sep 12, 2006 IP
  18. epson123

epson123 Guest

Best Answers:
    He said he has sold myspace site, and he had it in his sign today, and his ypn ID is still there, and he thanks for backlink.

Is there end of your end, Mr Smartassness ?

19. ArcticPro

ArcticPro Banned

Best Answers:
    I don't care about you or this forum, I don't know why you can't worry about yourselves, you arn't the TOS police. GameHacked and many others have done it. I had it months ago and it was allowed, I'm fine arn't I? Yes and when YPN posted on their blog I tried to help people, but it does not matter, this is whole topic is pointless.

20. epson123

epson123 Guest

Best Answers:

Ha ha, I had a printer in front of my eyes when registering, tried "epson# but it was used, 10 minutes ago saw you participate in this thread,too :)

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.