1. Advertising
    y u no do it?

Advertising (learn more)

Advertise virtually anything here, with CPM banner ads, CPM email ads and CPC contextual links. You can target relevant areas of the site and show ads based on geographical location of the user if you wish.

Starts at just $1 per CPM or $0.10 per CPC.

Here's Why Google Could Disappear in Five Years: Pro

Discussion in 'Google' started by stock_post, Oct 21, 2012.

1. freelancer402

freelancer402 Member

Best Answers:
    The more popular you are, more people will be against you. This kind of explanations are clueless and not likely to happen. Google is dominating the web now and will continue to do so for at least 50 years. :D

freelancer402, Dec 28, 2012 IP
  2. indyonline

indyonline Prominent Member

Best Answers:
    50 years...? lmao

indyonline, Dec 28, 2012 IP
  3. zanta

zanta Member

Best Answers:
    google will Develope New Things for Surviving in this Competiton.... Google never Ends...

zanta, Dec 29, 2012 IP
  4. dhana_space2

dhana_space2 Active Member

Best Answers:
    even now google provides better results than any other competitors.
    more over, many ppl say "google it" when anyone ask for information. Google has made a synonym for knowledge search in Internet.

google may die....not soon. 5 is impossible.

dhana_space2, Dec 30, 2012 IP
  5. hillz

hillz Greenhorn

Best Answers:
    Google will not be down that soon

hillz, Dec 30, 2012 IP
  6. DigitalOverdose

DigitalOverdose Peon

Best Answers:
    Google is here to stay, I can't see a big shift to bing in the near future.

DigitalOverdose, Dec 30, 2012 IP
  7. makeit easy

makeit easy Active Member

Best Answers:
    Probably I was drunk that day. Well, how can I answer it politically, Dmoz and similar free directories are more reliable than search engines in general. But paid directories are at the top in terms of quality and reliability. Yes, that's what I meant. Dmoz is a quality, reliable search engine but not as much as yahoo dir.
    There is a basic rule you know, you get what you pay for. Everyone is trying to find something free or cheap on the net. Search engines make profit from that market. Even if some of those people aware about the low quality and reliability, they can not confess it. Because they don't pay for the search service and they like to seems like happy with everything. This behavior are not rare for most of the persons who consume something for free. They never complain about the quality as long as you give them something for free.

makeit easy, Jan 2, 2013 IP
  8. starrystars

starrystars Peon

Best Answers:
    I believe it's highly unlikely that Google will disappear just like that. We can't say for sure.. I guess, we just have to see in the next coming years.

starrystars, Jan 4, 2013 IP
  9. indyonline

Best Answers:
    No they are not...

How is that when the only requirement is you pay them? SO if the site sucks, they can just pay to get in. Ya, real quality there...
    not going to waste my time with the rest of your post...

indyonline, Jan 5, 2013 IP
  10. makeit easy

Best Answers:
    Yes they are.

If a site is worth to spend money in listing on directories, it means that the site has already some quality at least for the owner. As a site owner, if you think that your site is crappy, you don't think to spend money for it. You spend money for the sites with have some quality and potential. Actually, the money spent will bring more care from the owner to the site and the more effort from the owner improves the current quality over the time.
    Also popular directories have real human staff to review the quality of the sites while search engines don't. Search engines try to get those editorial works completely for free by crawlers that monitor social media "likes" and inventing new tools like +1. But none of those FREE tools can work better than a dedicated editor when it comes to determine the quality of a site. Search engines don't review all the sites at all. They rely on crawlers and end-user likes. But their likes or hates don't represent the whole public and those people are not expert editors who can truly measure the quality.

makeit easy, Jan 6, 2013 IP
  11. indyonline

Best Answers:
    I'm still not with you on this one. DMOZ has a lot of editors that sell submissions plus, like I said before, it takes a long time to get approved by dmoz, if you get approved, therefor many quality sites aren't listed there. and Yahoo directory, do you know anybody who still pays to submit there these days? I haven't heard of anybody for years. Most people are not going to pay that price and that means just like dmoz, there are a lot of sites not listed. Just because a site ain't listed there don't mean it ain't quality. and ya I know that big time big money sites get listed there still to this day as there are some quality editors left still. I'm not saying SE's these days are perfect but I wouldn't say any of these directories are better either. Just my opinion I guess...

anybody is going to think their own site is quality and just because they are willing to spend the money don't make the site quality.

indyonline, Jan 6, 2013 IP
  12. Dada1988

Dada1988 Greenhorn

Best Answers:
    I think at least Google will not disappear in the next 5 years.

Dada1988, Jan 6, 2013 IP
  13. makeit easy

Best Answers:
    Search engines give serious importance to yahoo directory or dmoz backlinks. You can never know the level of weight if you don't have a site listed on yahoo directory. This is alone a proof of the need for directories in the eyes of SE's. They are not able to ignore the directories because they can't rely on their own machine based technology. Instead, they rely on directories more than their own tech, methodology and algorithms.
    Why? Because directories are just the first version of SE's. Directories allow users to search keywords like SE's. SE's and directories have almost the same technical functions for a typical searcher.

SE's are the biggest directories. They have billions of web pages in their index. This is the major difference between traditional directories and SE's (new age directories) SE's make a mass business with the lowest cost per listing. However their costs are constantly raising. Because their search results can be manipulated. SEO teaches how to manipulate search results in the favor of site owners. Isn't it? Can you manipulate a permanent listing on a traditional directory? No. Because you don't need. Once your link get accepted, you know your link is there as long as your site is online. How can we assume that search results are reliable if someone can change?
    PPC ads on the search result pages are another broad area to discuss. If you are one of those site owners who run a PPC campaign, you may find the cost of directories are lower than SE's. If you are just a searcher, you may find the directories more reliable and more quality than SE results.

Last edited: Jan 6, 2013
    makeit easy, Jan 6, 2013 IP
  14. santosh.vouch45

santosh.vouch45 Greenhorn

Best Answers:
    I think Google do not disappear in coming time because goggle quality and feature are can not found in other search engine.

santosh.vouch45, Jan 7, 2013 IP
  15. rakesh.swaransoft

rakesh.swaransoft Greenhorn

Best Answers:
    Google is not showing good search result same url too many times, with some spam result.

rakesh.swaransoft, Jan 7, 2013 IP
  16. indyonline

Best Answers:
    Well, I guess we will have to agree to disagree but I myself and about 99% of the rest of the world, would never use those directories over a SE.

indyonline, Jan 7, 2013 IP
  17. PassGoSEO

PassGoSEO Member

Best Answers:
    People saying 'Google doesnt show good results' usually mean 'Google wont rank MY site for my keywords...'.

Google isn't going anywhere. The latest changes have shown that they can now detect spun text, so about 20 billion pages of spammy crap just evaporated off the face of the web.

If THAT isn't progress, I don't know what is.

PassGoSEO, Jan 7, 2013 IP
  18. indyonline

Best Answers:
    Just done a search on dmoz for my favorite sports teams name and the top 4 results were not even related. The top listing is a completely garbage site with barely anything on the page and the entire site is garbage.

indyonline, Jan 7, 2013 IP
  19. Ilhicas

Ilhicas Member

Best Answers:
    google was the first search engine to introduce algebra to rank sites the first to introduce the so called PR and since has been updating its algorithm, so others just followed and will keep following, and some died like Altavista, there is no way to imagine at this moment an internet without google, people use it everyday, bing and yahoo are not options when yahoo just tells you to GTFO you can't see this content on your country? What? Globalized world? Keep on yahoo, bing just reminds me that wallpapers can be ugly, and google just keeps it simple, facebook introducing a search engine... sure but facebook is losing ground to G+ that is now the 2nd largest social network, and a much more content and interesting related one. Content is the key like all webmasters know, and facebook will follow hi5 and myspace into the dark.

Ilhicas, Jan 27, 2013 IP
  20. joebert

joebert Well-Known Member

Best Answers:
    Thinking back to how it went down with Yahoo, if Google's stock splits, I'll be pretty wary. Until then though, I don't think there's anything to worry about.

joebert, Feb 5, 2013 IP