1. Advertising
    y u no do it?

Advertising (learn more)

Advertise virtually anything here, with CPM banner ads, CPM email ads and CPC contextual links. You can target relevant areas of the site and show ads based on geographical location of the user if you wish.

Starts at just $1 per CPM or $0.10 per CPC.

[help]writing a sales letter for an info product

Discussion in 'Copywriting' started by devin, Jul 17, 2006.

the product is to reveal a so-called 'secret'. should i reveal what the secret is in the sales letter? then the product will elaborate on it.

my thoughts are:
    1) revealing it, albeit on the surface, in the sales letter, may decrease sales due to "oh, i know that already" and "let's google it".
    2) not revealing it? the letter will be quite short, and there will be less a chance to show the 'credibility' side of the letter.

devin, Jul 17, 2006 IP
  2. thelouisvilleseo

thelouisvilleseo Peon

Best Answers:
    thelouisvilleseo, Jul 17, 2006 IP
  3. devin

devin Guest

Best Answers:
    other insights?

devin, Jul 17, 2006 IP
  4. marketjunction

marketjunction Well-Known Member

Best Answers:
    You are not going to know until you test.

I would mention the general purpose of your secret.

Example: I will tell you the secret sure fire ways to save up to 75% at any hotel in the world.

I tell you the point of the secret, but I don't mentioned exactly what they are. Here's another example with a little more specificity.

Example 2: Someone shared with my the industry secret of getting a travel agent card and now I am saving 75% on all my travel expenses. Buy my whatever and I will show you how to get yours.

In this example, I am telling you exactly what I will do for you.

Like I said, you need to test to see. I would first go with example 1 and see how it goes. If you don't like the results, try a more specific approach.

Here's the bottom line. If what you are selling is really a little known idea, you don't have to worry about revealing too much. However, if all you are doing is packaging widely know facts, then vagueness is your friend.

marketjunction, Jul 20, 2006 IP
  5. geegel

geegel Well-Known Member

Best Answers:
    I wouldn't reveal the "secret", what I would do instead would be focusing on the hidden advantages. Try showing what benefits would this product bring. Avoid hype words as much as possible, unless they truly have some reality backup.

Remember that the most important parts are the headline, the first sub-headline that the reader sees after he scrolls down and the P. S. These are the items that can make or break a sales letter.

Otherwise good luck in your venture.

Best regards, George

geegel, Sep 18, 2006 IP