1. Advertising
    y u no do it?

Advertising (learn more)

Advertise virtually anything here, with CPM banner ads, CPM email ads and CPC contextual links. You can target relevant areas of the site and show ads based on geographical location of the user if you wish.

Starts at just $1 per CPM or $0.10 per CPC.

Help with Social Bookmarking Site

Discussion in 'General Marketing' started by Boris_Badenoff, Jun 16, 2013.

I recently have acquired a social bookmarking site gotpledge dot com The site already has a fair amount of people posting on it, but I am looking for ideas on what direction to take the site commercially/monetarily, so I thought I would see if anyone had some good feedback?

Thanks for Reading!

Boris_Badenoff, Jun 16, 2013 IP
  2. sarahk

sarahk iTamer Staff

Best Answers:
    What was your business plan when you bought it?
    What was the previous owner's business plan?

A major change in direction will alienate the existing users so knowing how things used to be will help

sarahk, Jun 16, 2013 IP
  3. Boris_Badenoff

Boris_Badenoff Well-Known Member

Best Answers:
    I made a very small investment in the site especially given its page rank etc. My vague business plan / view was that at the worst I would post articles from my other sites. My hope was I could research and learn a strategy to make the site shine in its own right. I am not really concerned about alienating existing users if I need to change the direction to make the site a bigger success.

Boris_Badenoff, Jun 16, 2013 IP
  4. dealeris

dealeris Active Member

Best Answers:
    This website is a mess:
    • Navigation is terrible
    • Right sidebar looks awful
    • Bookmarks look awful
    • Footer is poorly formatted

If you decide to fix all the onsite quality issues, you could go through lots of forums and blogs and publish your new social bookmarking site and focus on high quality bookmarks only - this way the website could gain some value.
    If everything is done as planned you can sell it for a decent price - social bookmarking sites have a very nice demand.

dealeris, Jun 17, 2013 IP
  5. Boris_Badenoff

Boris_Badenoff Well-Known Member

Best Answers:
    Thanks for the feedback. I will look for a designer to give the site a face lift.

Boris_Badenoff, Jun 17, 2013 IP