1. Advertising
    y u no do it?

Advertising (learn more)

Advertise virtually anything here, with CPM banner ads, CPM email ads and CPC contextual links. You can target relevant areas of the site and show ads based on geographical location of the user if you wish.

Starts at just $1 per CPM or $0.10 per CPC.

Help with site not being crawleded

Discussion in 'Google' started by mchrest, Jun 3, 2010.

I built a site for a client about 2- months ago , I put it on my site, facebook and twitter. It has still not being crawled or indexed. Any one have any ideas why it would not be picked by Google?

http://www.tlaconsultants.ca/

mchrest, Jun 3, 2010 IP
  2. hydn

hydn Peon

Best Answers:
    are you using google's webmaster tools?

hydn, Jun 3, 2010 IP
  3. rainborick

rainborick Well-Known Member

Best Answers:
    Yahoo! doesn't show any links to this site, so it's likely that Google isn't seeing them yet either. You'll need at least one good quality link to be included in Google and the other search engines. Good luck!

rainborick, Jun 3, 2010 IP
  4. Sxperm

Sxperm Notable Member

Best Answers:
    It is seems your website has something wrong. This is not about the too new status to being indexed but lacking of links is the main issue. Your website has zero backlinks according to both Google and even Yahoo. You have to acquire some backlinks first to get an indexation.

Sxperm, Jun 3, 2010 IP
  5. Boogy

Boogy Active Member

Best Answers:
    You need to create a sitemap...then join Google webmaster tools and submit it there. They will start crawling. It has nothing to do with getting a link...they index regardless of a link in. I build websites all the time and they get index before the job is done...usually within two weeks. And with no incoming links

Boogy, Jun 3, 2010 IP
  6. magda

magda Notable Member

Best Answers:
    Facebook and Twitter are nofollow.
    I guess you've answered categorically the question of whether Google does follow nofollow links.

No. No it doesn't.

magda, Jun 3, 2010 IP
  7. justjoh

justjoh Peon

Best Answers:
    Create a sitemap and submit it to google. Create accounts on the most trafficated bookmarking sites and have your link there. You'd want to use FB and twitter for traffic only as you won't get much link juice out of these. Search for dofollow sites list in google, there are enough of them that can provide your start-up links.

justjoh, Jun 3, 2010 IP
  8. Apollo355

Apollo355 Member

Best Answers:
    I would write a dofollow article and see if that helps.

Apollo355, Jun 3, 2010 IP
  9. mchrest

mchrest Active Member

Best Answers:
    By the way I build all kinds of sites and don link to them, they still get crawled so that is not the case. When a client chooses not to have seo done they still get indexed.

mchrest, Jun 3, 2010 IP
  10. Hersheys

Hersheys Peon

Best Answers:
    Submit your site to stumbleupon.com and it will get index in less than 24 hours.

Hersheys, Jun 3, 2010 IP
  11. martinvidic

martinvidic Guest

Best Answers:
    i had a similar problem recently...
    when I used a robots file to block 2 folders google bots started de-indexing everything.

you have
    User-agent: *
    Disallow: /administrator/
    Disallow: /cache/
    Disallow: /components/
    Disallow: /images/
    Disallow: /includes/
    Disallow: /installation/
    Disallow: /language/
    Disallow: /libraries/
    Disallow: /media/
    Disallow: /modules/
    Disallow: /plugins/
    Disallow: /templates/
    Disallow: /tmp/
    Disallow: /xmlrpc/

maybe put an allow for google bots etc.
    you can do that in google webmaster tools.

if you have adsense there is also site diagnostics options. if its because of your robots file adsense and sitemaps will tell you.

Regards
    M.

martinvidic, Jun 3, 2010 IP
  12. Shirley1874

Shirley1874 Peon

Best Answers:
    Ask your friends to open and click the links in your site on their computers, or just submit your site to digg.com, I believe it will be indexed in the next day.

Shirley1874, Jun 4, 2010 IP
  13. tansley

tansley Member

Best Answers:
    fresh unique content and inbound links are the only real way to get your site on the SE bots route. Try ping-o-matic and pingoat to see if they can pick you up.. Alternativly stick the URL into your signature on this forum and do ome posting..

tansley, Jun 4, 2010 IP
  14. RightMan

RightMan Notable Member

Best Answers:
    Make the link visible on social sites like Digg or highly trafficked forum like DP and you would have the link picked up by google... fairly quickly! :)
    On second thought... since you already have posted the link in your post here, it should have already been picked!

Regards,

RightMan

RightMan, Jun 4, 2010 IP
  15. China_girl

China_girl Well-Known Member

Best Answers:
    I have checked your robots.txt and home page meta tags and cannot find any blocking, disallowing or "noindex" specified. But the site has very little indexable content. Some very nice pictures that do not have any captions or alt text. "Click to enlarge" is not interesting/useful for indexing.

I see lots of seemingly non-relevant non-English, commented-out text in the source coding for no apparent reason. A message that javascript is "Loading..." something. (I don't know what - it seems to never complete.) Even the little bit of indexable content that you have is very inappropriate. You make no mention of what part of the world you serve and it seems highly unlikely that you serve the whole world equally. Geolocation is very important. Don't be shy about saying where you are based - I suggest that you need to aim to "rank" for your locally-based business in your home city/state before thinking of further afield.

Make sure your homepage title does give a clue what the site is about, what it does, who for, where, etc etc? I suggest that you need more indexable text.

China_girl, Jun 4, 2010 IP
  16. Allthebest

Allthebest Peon

Best Answers:
    This is happen wen your site have lack of good quality link.

Allthebest, Jun 5, 2010 IP
  17. jameswebsmith

jameswebsmith Peon

Best Answers:
    hey
    do u want to say that SEO is useless?

jameswebsmith, Jun 5, 2010 IP
  18. king99

king99 Active Member

Best Answers:
    just bookmark ur site to as many do follow bookmarking sites as you can .. u r whole site will be crawled .. or you gotta bookmark each post

king99, Jun 5, 2010 IP
  19. Adria.John

Adria.John Greenhorn

Best Answers:
    Here are a list of sites that will help you get indexed by Google quickly-

* EzineArticles- Writing an article for EzineArticles will get you indexed not only because there are so many changes happening daily BUT also because EzineArticles will place your initial article on the front page. In other words, Google won't have to reach deep into the website to find your link.
    * RSS directories- Additionally, RSS directories are a great way to get indexed quick because not only are there a lot of changes, but many people will pick up RSS feeds and place them on their site.
    * Social Sites like Digg and Sphinn- Once again, it happens because these types of sites are constantly changing and your site is listed in more than one spot.

Adria.John, Jun 5, 2010 IP
  20. lightlysalted

lightlysalted Active Member

Best Answers:
    indexing can take time, just be patient. If you've added it to your signature hereat DP then it will get picked upmore quickly

lightlysalted, Jun 5, 2010 IP