1. Advertising
    y u no do it?

Advertising (learn more)

Advertise virtually anything here, with CPM banner ads, CPM email ads and CPC contextual links. You can target relevant areas of the site and show ads based on geographical location of the user if you wish.

Starts at just $1 per CPM or $0.10 per CPC.

Help with SEO with keyword in domain name for niche blogging with very lil backlink?

Discussion in 'Search Engine Optimization' started by n.b, May 13, 2012.

I was a small blogspot blogger many years back with an adsense account. My adsense is still active although I havent used it for many years. Now I am willing to make a blog and monetize it with adsense. I want a make a general blog covering a particular broad topic. But what I see the recent changes are most social bookmark, blogs etc are no follow. So it will be very difficult for me to get backlinks as I am not willing to buy links at all. So what I feel is if I do niche/micro niche blogging and buy domain with keyword in it will it help me in search engine ranking for that keyword??? Say eg. General topic Donut, I buy niche keyword domain name "Chocolate Donut" , so will it help me rank with Chocolate Donut term???

Secondly, what if I buy a general domain name say "Donut.com" and make subdomains say "ChocolateDonut.Donut.com" "VanillaDonut.Donut.com" etc so how will the keyword in subdomain rank in search results???

Thirdly I have got some good .info domains. But as generally .info domains and considered spam so how will this .info domain rank in search engine against a .com or .org.??? Even if it ranks fine in search result will the visitor basically not visit the page because its a .info (spam)???

I am not looking forward to make spam site. I want to make a really nice blog with good quality content. How much only quality content with very less backlink help me rank in search result??

Can you please suggest me a good shared host where I can host multiple domains and a good domain name registrar??? Hows Namesilo???

Thanks a lot.

n.b, May 13, 2012 IP
  2. truemoves

truemoves Peon

Best Answers:
    truemoves, May 13, 2012 IP
  3. n.b

n.b Peon

Best Answers:
    Bump... Please anyone... help me with the above?? Thanks.

n.b, May 14, 2012 IP
  4. wtg

wtg Well-Known Member

Best Answers:
    Hey Welcome back.

I guess search stuff changes a lot in these years. Now it will be difficult for you to just make a site - rank for it and grab the cash. From your post what i see is you are not just another adsense site maker instead willing to make a informative site with quality content.

Well, quality always rocks. I would suggest as follow.

#1. buying domains with keyword in it helps a bit. You can consider it over to the subdomain thing. Subdomains are not worth it (in my experience) until we have a branded established site.

#2. .ifno domains are not spams, they do rank but does not have resell value and people evaluate it as spam ,not the search engines.

#3. Build the site, with above in mind, if you have researched a good keyword, you should reach page 1 with just few social shares and links from guest posts. You can submit guest post on few blogs after 2 weeks, cannot you ? its not buying links I believe :)

Good luck. And for hosting, go for hostgator if you have budget otherwise any cheap one will do for small sites.

wtg, May 14, 2012 IP
    n.b likes this.
  5. farhansyah

farhansyah Peon

Best Answers:
    if you have a very quality site, you can make it go viral. Engage with people, and ask user to share, like, or tweet your page.. that kind of backlink is more than enough.

Domain, it is ok.. if you want to have a long term success, you can choose any domain you want and make a brand out of it. This is not a simple seo technique though.

farhansyah, May 14, 2012 IP
  6. n.b

n.b Peon

Best Answers:
    Thanks a lot everyone for replying , especially WTG. I am also thinking abt hostgator.

n.b, May 15, 2012 IP
  7. sabrina

sabrina Active Member

Best Answers:
    Yup Hostgator is the best option for you.

sabrina, May 15, 2012 IP