1. Advertising
    y u no do it?

Advertising (learn more)

Advertise virtually anything here, with CPM banner ads, CPM email ads and CPC contextual links. You can target relevant areas of the site and show ads based on geographical location of the user if you wish.

Starts at just $1 per CPM or $0.10 per CPC.

Help with right float nav.

Discussion in 'HTML & Website Design' started by Web_Dev_Chris, Dec 27, 2016.

Hi,

I am redesigning this website: pottershouseblacktown.com.au and so far this is what i have ditfort.com/p

Notice on pottershouseblacktown.com.au how there is a right float navigation bar position fixed to viewport. How can I build one like that where the anchor link display as mouse hovers over the bullet point?

I'm out of ideas, I'm sure this can be done with HTML and CSS

I'm probably not on the right track but my idea was to create a table and use :hover to toggle the visibility of the text once the image is hovered over? I know it's wrong, but I'm not sure how to recreate this with HTML and CSS.

Thanks for your help.

Regards,
    Chris

Web_Dev_Chris, Dec 27, 2016 IP
  2. Steve @Pinvert

Steve @Pinvert Greenhorn

Best Answers:
    Hello Chris,
    The navigation bar that you see in the right side of the page can be created using a jquery plugin. You could check it out here http://alvarotrigo.com/fullPage/examples/navigationV.html#3rdPage
    I've afraid that you will need to redesign the entire website to fit this plugin requirements.

I hope that I answered to your question if not I'm sorry for that.

Steve @Pinvert, Jan 10, 2017 IP
  3. serialentre

serialentre Member

Best Answers:
    Yes, you can show/hide the text upon hover of the circle list items. jQuery or plain JS.

Instead of using plugins, try coding from scratch. That way, you will learn more and challenge yourself to pick up skills.

serialentre, Jan 10, 2017 IP