1. Advertising
    y u no do it?

Advertising (learn more)

Advertise virtually anything here, with CPM banner ads, CPM email ads and CPC contextual links. You can target relevant areas of the site and show ads based on geographical location of the user if you wish.

Starts at just $1 per CPM or $0.10 per CPC.

Help with removing text & URL from PHP website

Discussion in 'PHP' started by rllunzmann, Nov 21, 2010.

Due to time constraints, would anyone be able to help assist with removing the text and URL at the footer of this person's website?

The website is www.audiovideoenterprises.com

At the bottom in the footer it has the following: Web Design: Acuity Creative

and it links to an old web host too. I made the changes directly in the file that is supposedly calling the text and URL but it still shows the same old text/URL even after I make the changes. Any thoughts on this or what is going with this? It's a PHP website.

Thanks,

rllunzmann, Nov 21, 2010 IP
  2. MyVodaFone

MyVodaFone Well-Known Member

Best Answers:
    If your using the cache system for that cms, you will need to go in and clear those files, otherwise it may take some time, even days before a new cached version is stored.

MyVodaFone, Nov 21, 2010 IP
  3. solidcube

solidcube Peon

Best Answers:
    Try looking for something like footer.php
    Or search all your php files that contain "Web Design: Acuity Creative "
    It's hard to help when i can't see the full php template.

solidcube, Nov 21, 2010 IP
  4. rllunzmann

rllunzmann Active Member

Best Answers:
    Hi MyVodaFone,

That sounds like something that seems to be the case because as soldicube mentioned, I already went in and modified the files. I even ran a program to show all text pertaining to what I'm trying to remove and it only came up with that particular file but also another one but it was a text file. Any idea where I can find the option that you mention MyVodaFone?

Thanks!
    Ryan

rllunzmann, Nov 21, 2010 IP
  5. Deacalion

Deacalion Peon

Best Answers:
    The site is run on CMS Made Simple, they tell you how to clear the cache on this page in Step 1.
    If that doesn't work, they're probably doing something cheeky like outputting encoded strings.

Deacalion, Nov 21, 2010 IP