1. Advertising
    y u no do it?

Advertising (learn more)

Advertise virtually anything here, with CPM banner ads, CPM email ads and CPC contextual links. You can target relevant areas of the site and show ads based on geographical location of the user if you wish.

Starts at just $1 per CPM or $0.10 per CPC.

Help with phpmyadmin NULL columns

Discussion in 'MySQL' started by chrisj, Jun 28, 2013.

I asked why some columns aren't populating data. My hosting support tells me:
    "This query doesn't pass the address, city, state, birthdate, and company information from the form which is why it doesn't show in the table. I looked at the table structure, and these fields are set by default to be NULL if there is no data in them".

So, how do I fix this query so that this data gets passed to the database, and change the fields that are set to NULL?
    Any help will be appreciated.

chrisj, Jun 28, 2013 IP
  2. davetrebas

davetrebas Active Member

Best Answers:
    This is a fairly easy problem to fix but I need a little more information. What language are you using? PHP most likely. Database? mySQL most likely.

First you need access to the code and have the ability to modify it. FTP, etc. editor Notepad++ etc

Then verify that the form variables names are the same names used by the form processing code. Look at the code or html that generates the form or whatever system that originates the data.

Then look at the code that processes the form.

Check the SQL insert statement in the code that builds the database entries. Does it have code for the missing fields?

Once everything is consistent, names and sql, your problem should be solved

davetrebas, Jun 28, 2013 IP
  3. chrisj

chrisj Well-Known Member

Best Answers:
    Thanks that was very helpful

chrisj, Jun 28, 2013 IP