1. Advertising
    y u no do it?

Advertising (learn more)

Advertise virtually anything here, with CPM banner ads, CPM email ads and CPC contextual links. You can target relevant areas of the site and show ads based on geographical location of the user if you wish.

Starts at just $1 per CPM or $0.10 per CPC.

Help with Network Solutions / Valueweb

Discussion in 'Domain Names' started by exam, May 3, 2005.

I registered a domain through Valueweb, a Netsol reseller (One day long long ago, when I was not very informed), and am now unable to transfer it. The only thing that Valueweb can offer me, is to remove the domain from their resellers bulk account and transfer it to Network Solutions. (That costs $3 even if you're not renewing) And then I would have to renew with Netsol for about $30/year. (Because the domain expires in about 45 days). If I don't do that transfer, I renew with Valueweb for about $30 too. All I want to do is transfer to Godaddy or Omnis or one of the registrars that charge $8/year. Does anyone have any experience with Valueweb/Netsol and how make them remove the REGISTER_LOCK status from the domain? Thanks in advance for any advice you can offfer.

exam, May 3, 2005 IP
  2. nevetS

nevetS Evolving Dragon

Best Answers:
    With NetSol you are S.O.L.

It's their way of doing business. They hijack your domain if you wait any length of time to renew or transfer it and charge exorbinant fees to renew or transfer. Just wait until your domain expires... then you find out that it doesn't actually get freed up. They'll charge you nearly $200 to make it active again.

Pay the renewal and transfer the domain immediately.

Incidentally, they are not the only ones who do this. I use stargateinc, and they hold domains for 45 days after expiration and charge like $100 to get it out of hock. But they don't do anything beforehand though.

nevetS, May 3, 2005 IP
  3. exam

exam Peon

Best Answers:
    Well, it's not very encouraging, but thanks for the advice anyway :) I think I will just have to do as you say and renew now and try to transfer later. Kinda a bummer :( Somebody blog about how horrible they are :mad:

exam, May 4, 2005 IP