1. Advertising
    y u no do it?

Advertising (learn more)

Advertise virtually anything here, with CPM banner ads, CPM email ads and CPC contextual links. You can target relevant areas of the site and show ads based on geographical location of the user if you wish.

Starts at just $1 per CPM or $0.10 per CPC.

Help with member count on phpbb forum

Discussion in 'Databases' started by superrichguy, Jul 18, 2013.

I have a forum that is using phpbb and in the phpmyadmin area it shows that I have 40,000 users. But on the forum at the bottom it only shows that I have 23,000 users. And when I make a new one it shows the count in the phpmyadmin area but not on the actual forum itself. In the admin area under board statistics it shows the 23,000 number but if you go to the Styles tab in the admin area for the style I am using it shows the correct number of users.

How do I correct this? Hopefully this is the right section.

Thanks

superrichguy, Jul 18, 2013 IP
  2. ryan_uk

ryan_uk Illustrious Member

Best Answers:
    It's a while since I used phpBB, but is the 23,000 verified users? I believe so. So why would you want to show the unverified member count?

ryan_uk, Jul 18, 2013 IP
  3. superrichguy

superrichguy Well-Known Member

Best Answers:
    It's 40,000 verified users. And when someone signs up it usually shows the name of the new user, but now it just shows my test user...no others show up? I just reinstalled a fresh version and it didn't change anything..

superrichguy, Jul 18, 2013 IP
  4. ryan_uk

ryan_uk Illustrious Member

Best Answers:
    Are you 100% sure these people signing up have verified their account?
    Also, did you clear phpBB's cache? I remember there was an option for refreshing the cache (phpBB caches the templates). Sorry I can't be more specific, I stopped using phpBB.

ryan_uk, Jul 19, 2013 IP
  5. superrichguy

superrichguy Well-Known Member

Best Answers:
    Not 100% sure but the 3 I did, I verified them and it didn't add to the forum count, just to the DB count. And it didn't show any new member...

superrichguy, Jul 19, 2013 IP